Duty Station: Head office
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
1. Collaborate with management to develop and implement an effective communications strategy based on the target audience
2. Write edit and distribute content including publications, press releases, web content, annual reports, speeches and other marketing material that communicates the organizations’ activities and services
3. Respond to media inquiries arrange interviews and act as spokesperson for the organization
4. Establish and maintain effective relationships with journalists and maintain a media database
5. Seek opportunities to enhance the reputation of the organization and coordinate public events as required
6. Maintain records of media coverage
7. Editing and following up on human interest stories.
8. In consultation with the relevant programs, managers take part in surveys and other knowledge management activities.
9. Facilitate designing, printing, and production of IEC materials.
10. Participate in data collection and development of age-appropriate and area-specific messaging for sanitation and hygiene promotion for learners and the community in Gokwe North and Gokwe South districts.
11. Timeous production and submission of relevant progress, financial and technical reports to the relevant office
12. Upkeep and security of organizational assets
13. Any other duties assigned from time to time
Qualifications & Requirements
Degree or Diploma in communications, journalism or related studies
Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in an NGO setting or communications role
Excellent verbal written and interpersonal skills
Good time management and organizational skills
Interested and qualified candidates should apply to the Executive Director FCTZ at email@example.com by close of business 15 th of November 2019