The position exists to oversee the organisation’s operations and procedures. The incumbent will be the company’s second-in-command and responsible for the efficiency of business. In addition the incumbent shall oversee Marketing, Operations, Infrastructure and Traction and Rolling Stock functions, optimize NRZ’s operating capabilities and employ strategies that maximize service delivery and customer satisfaction.
Reporting To: General Manager
Business development and marketing. Service delivery planning and operations management. Infrastructure and Traction and Rolling stock services, Innovation and optimization of business processes. Policy development and implementation. Training and Development Real Estate Management
Roles and Responsibilities
- Overseeing the Marketing, Business Development, Operations, Real Estates, Infrastructure and Traction and Rolling Stock functions.
- Driving the company’s operating capabilities to surpass business objectives and customer satisfaction.
- Managing NRZ’s infrastructure and capital assets in a prudent manner to allow for continuity of operations.
- Liaising with contiguous Railway operators in the movement of goods within the regional corridors.
- Identifying improvement areas and overseeing change management initiatives across the business.
- Approving the Operations Division’s Capital, Maintenance, Marketing and Technical Budgets.
- Superintending over the operations of the NRZ Training Centre and Technical College
Qualifications And Experience
- Possess an appropriate University degree in Engineering, Accounting, Economics, Transport Management and be a member of a relevant professional body.
- Possession of an MBA or equivalent post graduate qualification will be an added advantage.
- 10 years relevant working experience with at least five (5) years at Senior Management.
- Proficiency in strategic planning and business development. Advisory and consultancy. Financial probity (Financial Management). High integrity. Ethical leadership. Superb business and operations acumen. Excellent business and contracts negotiating skills. High levels of innovation and breakthrough thinking. High levels of human resources management skills. Resourceful and outcome oriented. Maturity (At least 40 years of age).