National Pharmaceutical Company is a government owned company that procures warehouses and distributes medicines and medical supplies to the health institutions across the country. The company Is inviting applications from suitably qualified, self-motivated, honest and experienced individuals who want to play a key role in health delivery system in Zimbabwe.
The Chief Executive Officer reports to the Board Chairperson and will be responsible for the following among other du ties:
- Provides strategic and effective leadership and direction of the company and manages all its resources, staff and operations to achieve NatPharm’s vision and mission.
- Guides and oversees the development of the long-term NatPharm strategic objectives to ensure achievement of the business mandate
- Ensures compliance to the Government Medical Stores Commercialization Act (No.13 of 2000); Public Finance Management Act (22:19): Public Entities Corporate Governance Aa ( 10:31); Companies and other Business Entities Act ( 24:31) other applicable governing Instruments and best practices through efficient management of the organization’s capital, human, material and financial resources
- Fosters good corporate governance best practices
- lead s and ensures development of the NatPharm budget and financial forecasts/projections based on long term and medium term plans of the business
- Guides the development and maintenance of the company-wide structure that ensures successful execution of the agreed strategy
- Oversees and approves departmental plans to ensure alignment to agreed overall company strategic objectives
- Guides and oversees revenue generation projections as well as controls expenditure in Une with approved budget for sustainable growth
- Directs and approves appropriate product portfolio for the company to ensure business viablity
- Oversees stakeholder relationship management by identifying key needs and communicating NatPharm strategy as necessary
- Provides feedback and updates to the Board of Directors on developments in the business and the environment that have a bearing on successful strategy execution
- Works as a link between the board and employees.
- Evaluates the work of other Natpharm leaders within the company.
- Maintains awareness of the competitive market landscape, expansion opportunities, industry developments, etc.
- Ensures that the company maintains high social responsibility wherever lt does business
- Assesses the risks to the compare,/ and ensuring they are monitored and minimized
- Sets and agrees on performance goals with direct subordinates and conducts performance reviews as necessary
- Ensures staff retention and harmonious industrial relations by ensuring appropriate reward and industrial relations strategies
- Oversees management and staff discipline and ensures strict adherence to approved policies and procedun3
- Represents the company at al relevant works hops and stakeholder conferences
- Ensures that appropriate technology Is Implemented companywide
Skills and Qualification s:
- Degree in Business Administration, Management, Finance, Accounting, Medicine, Pharmacy or related field from recognised institution of learning.
- Possession of a postgraduate degree in either M BA/MBL or MSC Strategic Management is a must.
- Knowledge of Supply Chain Management a must
- Strong Leadership and Organisation Skills;
- Excellent Communication Skills, Both Verbal and Written;
- Driven to Achieve Results and exceptional Coach’ ng Skills;
- Strong Decision Making,
- At least 5 years in executive management from a reputable organization.
NatPharm is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants should send their applications together with their CVs, experience and expected remuneration to:
The Board Chairperson
National Pharmaceutical Company
14 Lobengula Road
P 0 Box 5T23, Southerton