Airports Company Of Zimbabwe (Private) Limited is looking for qualified Canteen Chefs to fill the above post.
Reports to: Head Chef
Location: Robert Gabriel Mugabe International Airport x 1 Joshua Mqabuko Nkomo International Airport x 1
Duties And Responsibilities
- Prepares daily meals and menus, as well as menus for special occasions.
- Ensures food is prepared and served at the right time.
- Ensures quality meals at all times.
- Orders food stuffs and cleaning materials for Canteen use.
- Receives food ingredients and supplies from storeroom as required for daily Canteen operations.
- Maintains accurate records of all Canteen food stuffs, utensils and equipment.
- Ensures safe and clean food preparation environment.
- Supervises cleaning of kitchen and dining areas.
- Directs and supervises the work of other kitchen staff.
- Takes inventory of food supplies, ingredients and other consumables.
- Ensures compliance with the sanitization, hygiene, environment, health and safety legislation as well Quality and Company standards.
- Performs any other tasks assigned by the Personnel Officer.
Qualifications And Experience
- 5 “0′ levels plus a National Diploma in Professional Cookery or a Class 1 Journeyman Certificate and at least 2 years relevant experience
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures for food preparation.
- Knowledge of traditional and western meals.
- Have full knowledge of ala carte menus.
- Ability to prepare different sauces and soups.
- Must be a versatile Cook who can work in any section in the kitchen.
- Ability to read and understand menus and recipes.
- Should be presentable and well groomed.
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision.