The Business Development Specialist is responsible for the identification and development of profitable business opportunities, the harnessing of sound business ideas and deals, and coordination of business development functions In entities. The Business Development Specialist also supports the development and maintenance of systems, processes, and tools to facilitate competitive responses to market trends; champions the deployment of data analytics aimed at process, products and business model Improvement and development. The Business Development Specialist is also responsible for the relevant capacity building efforts for building staff skills a nd knowledge in business development.
- Identification of business development opportunities
- Creation of business opportunities pool/database.
- Business Innovation and practice coordination
- Analysing and expanding business operations toward sustained growth
- Business modelling
- Business a nd product opportunities development
- Business systems review and re-engineering
- Assessing and advising on potential Joint ventures, mergers, and acquisitions
- Data analytics
- Identification and review of business model’s quality systems, structures and assessments
- Exceptional creative thinking abilities
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Excellent critical thinking, analytical, problem-solving and management skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in business development in related Industries
- Experience in identifying profitable business opportunities
- Proficiency In integrated business modelling
- Proficiency in integrated business modelling technologies, ICT tools and systems
- Exceptional ability to use data analytics for the identification of market trends, industry trends,
business models performance trends, product development trends and competitor behaviour trends
- Ability to negotiate and close business deal s
- Management experience and exposure tot he quality management and tracking systems
- Ability to maintain strong stake holder relationships a nd establish industry partnerships.
- Ability to write bankable business models
- Ability and experience in developing quality metrics
- Report writing and personal skills
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to learn and capacity build
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Development or related field with a data analytics bias.
- A Master’s Degree In business Isa requirement
- Membership to a professional business board Is a requirement
- A professional qualification in data and business analytics such as actuary is an added advantage.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar position
Interested candidates meeting the above criteria should email their application letters and detailed Curriculum Vitae with 3 Traceable references to [email protected] or drop them off at Herald House Box Number DI006521521 not later than Friday 27th November 2020.