Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced personnel to fill the above-mentioned vacant post which is a grade 9, middle management level.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Computation and consolidation of the departmental annual budget and Council budget, monitoring and controlling revenue and expenditure of the entity including performance validation/performance in liason with the Council Treasurer
- Drawing up monthly and annual financial year end statements, cash flows and ensuring preparation of records for internal and external audit procedures including generation of necessary periodical reports in consultation with the Council Treasurer
- Supervision and performance appraisal of subordinate staff
- Oversee business licence inspection and monthly cattle sales run producing reports to that effect
- Advising and promoting economic investments of the district and those specific to Council.
- Oversee maintenance of debtors ledger and creditors ledger while ensuring maximised revenue collection
- Any other duties assigned and delegated
Qualifications And Experience
- Five (5) Ordinary Levels including English Language and Mathematics.
- A degree in Finance or Accounting attained from a recognised University or full ICSAZ, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent
- At least three (3) years post qualification experience in an accounting environment and experience attained from the local government fraternity will be an added advantage.
- Must be computer literate or proficient and be able to use accounting softwares and must possess a clean Class 4 driver’s licence.
- Affiliation to a relevant professional body will be an added advantage.
- Should be of mature calibre
- Knowledge of the local government laws in Zimbabwe and statutes applicable to job occupation is a prerequisite
- Ability to adapt easily to changing needs and patterns of work
- Strong sense of ethics, integrity, credibility and respect of a diversified workforce
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels with staff, management, CEO and councillors with diplomacy and fairness
- Ability to set up adequate and effective procedures for maintaining, appraisal, improving and rewarding performance in the organisation
- Ability to observe time frames and deadlines