InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) is seeking an outgoing and energetic individual as Assistant General Manager. As Assistant Manager, you’ll provide operational and leadership direction to the hotel by maximizing financial returns, driving development of people, creating and maintaining memorable guest experiences, executing on brand standards, and building awareness of hotel and brand in the local community. You may need to deputies for the General Manager in his/her absence. We believe the culture at IHG is unique as it is created by our people and founded upon strong values.
These values are our Winning Ways and they are a set of beliefs and behaviours that are important to us and our customers – that’s why we’ve been certified as a Top global Employer of 2018. We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty and a passion for providing True Hospitality. We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way. At InterContinental Hotels Group, we look for people who are charming, confident, and internationally-minded; people who know what it takes to exceed guest expectations.
Because your career will be as unique as you are, we’ll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start, be involved and grow. And because the InterContinental Hotels & Resorts brand belongs to the IHG® family of brands, you’ll also benefit from all of the opportunities that come from being part of a successful, global hospitality company with over 4800 hotels in over 100 countries around the world. So whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to the InterContinental Hotels & Resorts brand and IHG and we’ll make sure you’ll have room to be yourself. Interested applicants should forward their recent CV and cover letter through InterContinental’s career email or apply button displayed above.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities of the role)
- Direct everyday activities, plan and assign work ensuring you always have the right staffing numbers;
- Develop your team and improve their performance through coaching and feedback, and create performance and development goals for colleagues – recognize good performance;
- Train colleagues to make sure they deliver with compliance and to the standards we expect and have the tools they need to work efficiently;
- Recommend or initiate any HR elated actions where needed;
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other shifts and departmental management;
- Coordinate a team of professionals, responsible for the respective operational departments.
- Ensure a safe and secure environment for guests, team members and hotel assets in compliance with the hotel’s or owner’s policies and procedures and regulatory requirements. Maintain relations with outside contacts;
- Drive team member involvement in community organizations, activities and businesses;
- Develop and carry out action plans to be environmentally conscious by taking steps to reduce the hotel’s carbon footprint;
- Perform other duties as assigned by the general manager;
- Will also be required to perform duty management shifts during weekends.
- Interact with guests and outside contacts including, , current and potential clients, government officials, travel industry representatives, suppliers, competitors local community members;
- Make sure the hotel delivers the highest level of guest satisfaction through superb guest services and amenities.
- Help the General Manager in the development, implementation and monitoring of financial and operational plans for the hotel to ensure optimum guest satisfaction, sales potential and profitability;
- Make recommendations for capital improvements to enhance the assets of the hotel and/or company and brand loyalty;
- Contribute towards the development of concepts for all F&B outlets, whilst ensuring the brand standards are met;
- Contribute towards the control of payroll costs by ensuring that operational departments are manned in an effective, efficient and economic manner, whilst ensuring that brand standards are met at all times.
- IHG’s Corporate Fringe Benefits includes:
- Corporate accommodations are provided to enable individuals perform the essential functions.
- Full accompanying family flight return tickets to/from corporate operation location.
- Regular promotion opportunities with short-term and long-term disability covers
- 4 years initial contract with option of further extension.
- Lucrative Job/career advancement opportunities and apprenticeships.
- Regular and competitive graduate remuneration package.
- Discounted associate rates at IHG’s multinational associates.
- Dental and life insurance coverage requirement
- 401(k) retirement & compensation plan
- On-site recreation and workout facilities.
- 30days paid annual leave and paid time off
- Related furniture/car/transport, etc allowance as required,
- An equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining a multinational culture.
- Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification / equivalent in Hotel Administration, Business Administration, Hospitality management, Hotel Operations, or a directly related field;
- Three years’ hotel operations management experience in a high-level operations role or prior operations manager experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to travel to attend workshops, conferences, etc. and may be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Work is performed in a normal office environment – shift based.
- Ability to function effectively in different time zones operate under different shifts.
- Open for travel on business requirements.
- Experience in Ms excel and other Microsoft office suite tools.
- Expert knowledge of People soft systems.
- Proven ability to manage a team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proven ability to make decisions and handle escalations.
- Proven ability to manage conflicting situations and working collaboratively with different teams.
How To Apply
Interested Candidates should please submit their resume or recent CV to this email address below:
Email: [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates are contacted for the interview