Applications are invited from suitably qualified. competent and experienced persons to fill the position of 123 x Agricultural Extension Officers that has arisen within the Department of AGRITEX in Matabeleland South and Matabeleland North Provinces in the Ministry of Lands, Agriculture, Water and Rural Resettlement.
The incumbent of this position reports to the Agricultural Extension Supervisor. The position requires extension services at the ground level that is in Communal lands. resettlements. Al and A2 small scale fans. Commercial areas as well as Irrigation schemes.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities.
- Provide technical. extension and advisory services in the implementation of agricultural policies for both crops and livestock at Ward Level.
- Participate in crop and livestock assessments for early warning surveillance for food security. pests and diseases in the Ward.
- Participate in the promotion and commercialization of marginalised crops and livestock in the Ward.
- Provide a secretariat function to committee& meetings and programmes related to agricultural development in the word.
- Implement advocacy programmes for farmers to disseminate information on new crop and livestock production technologies and market trends in the sector
- Conduct farmer training and support other related capacity building initiatives to enhance agricultural
- Provide technical advice to farmers. other relevant Line Ministries officers/employees and other stakeholders on agricultural production management
- Provide relevant technical input into the procurement of agricultural equipment. services and materials by farmers,
- Contribute to the collection of statistics and management of the database on crops. soils and livestock production technologies and the production of reports on agricultural production in the Ward.
- Assist farmers with agricultural market information for their produce at Ward level
- Assess the performance and impact of various agricultural programmes and projects being implemented at Ward level.
Qualifications and Fxperience
- A Diploma/Degree in Agriculture or equivalent qualification
- A Master’s degree would be an added advantage.
- A certified internship or experience in Agricultural production will be a distinct advantage.
- Ability to use information communication technology in business applications is an added advantage.
- An understanding of the relevant crops and livestock regulations and policies.
- Ability to communicate and network with a broad spectrum of stakeholders at various levels.
- A thorough understanding of national development aspirations and imperatives.
- Must be a self-starter
- Knowledge of Ndebele. Tonga. Nambia. Venda. Kalanga and Suthu will be an added advantage.
Interested candidates must submit their handwritten applications including certified copies of educational
qualifications. birth certificates. National ID and detailed Curriculum Vitae not later than 07 December 2020 to:
The Director, Human Resources
Ministry of Lands, Agriculture, Water and Rural Resettlement 1 Borrowdale Road
Private Bag 7701
Please be advised that applications that do not comply with the above requirements and those submitted after the deadline will not be processed.
NB: Eligible female candidates are encouraged to apply.