Location: Harare, HA, ZW
Company: Plan International
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood and we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity.
We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. In Zimbabwe, we have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 31 years. Plan International operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity.
Reporting to the Admin Assistant the Administration Clerk is responsible for the management of country telephone and unified communications technology platform to ensure seamless communications internally and externally.
• Operate the main digital telephone platform, hardware and software to ensure the uninterrupted access of all Plan International Zimbabwe staff to internal and external telephone communications.
• Answers all incoming telephone calls and direct them to the appropriate staff or departments and take messages when necessary
• Monitors the performance of the automated telephone system and escalates any issues as necessary
• Acts as the liaison with the vendors and technical support organizations for the telephone system for fault resolution, regular maintenance, troubleshooting and upgrades.
• Collects and verifies the Plan International Zimbabwe directory information, to include usernames, telephone and extension numbers, addresses, etc.
• Screens incoming calls in accordance with the call handling protocol.
• Performs various clerical duties as required, including logging and routing incoming mail, light typing, and preparation of outgoing mail.
Knowledge and Experience:
• Secretarial and/or Receptionist training at diploma level is essential.
• Demonstrated ability to uphold telephone etiquette and uphold telephone call management protocols.
• Ability to multi-task
• Problem solving
• Excellent communication skills