Hwange Electricity Supply Company (HESCO) is jointly owned by Zimbabwe Power Company and Sinohydro Corporation of China and is the implementing Special Purpose Vehicle for Hwange Thermal Power Station Expansion Project. Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the above vacancy that has arisen within HESCO at its Head Office in Harare on a fixed term contract basis.
The incumbent reports to the Accountant at HESCO Head Office. The position is essential for reviewing financial documents, processing payments and preparing financial reports.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Posts journals and ensures that transactions are recorded in accordance with financial systems.
- Facilitates outgoing payments and bank transfers.
- Follows up outstanding debtors and manages creditors.
- Facilitates banking of all deposits.
- Processes petty cash requests.
- Provides superiors with priority areas for payment.
- Prepares monthly management accounts.
Qualifications And Experience
- 5 ‘0’ Levels including English Language and Mathematics
- A Degree in Accounting
- Membership of a recognized professional institution
- 3 years relevant experience
- Knowledge of SAP is a must
- Computer literacy
- Excellent communication skills
- Good administrative and planning skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills