Applications are invited from suitably qualified individuals to fill the above positions in the business.
MAIN JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working with farmers and companies related to agriculture so as to aid these groups to make better decisions to increase agricultural production
- Working with other experts in agriculture so as to learn more and develop new methods that could advance production
- Carries out extension work with the aim of increasing production.
- Conduct a crop forecast according to the laid down procedures.
- Conduct grower assessments and come up with inputs requirements based on criteria used on assessing the creditworthiness of the growers
- Timeous disbursement of inputs to growers at the beginning of the season and provision of the necessary agronomic services
- Responsible for management of the inputs credits scheme.
The ideal candidate must have the following attributes;
- Holds a minimum qualification Diploma in Agriculture.
- At least two years experience n the tobacco industry.
- Be armed with the latest techniques and information related to agriculture and relay this information to farmers and agricultural business.
- Be a team player and with good communication skills
- Be prepared to work beyond normal working hours
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to set time frames and targets.
- Clean class three (3) or and four (4) driver’s licence
Job Application Details
Interested candidates should send their applications clearly marked FIELD TECHNICIAN accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of qualifications to: email@example.com no later than 05 August 2020.