Catholic Relief Services (CRS), PVO Act number 6/2002 carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States of America to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as part of our staff and as partners, people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS seeks qualified candidates to fill the position of:
Agricultural Livelihoods Officer
The Ag-Livelihoods Officer provides specialist technical support in Agricultural Livelihoods & Innovations for the Ag-Livelihoods Signature Program Area (AL SPA) project(s). S/he works closely with partners and communities to ensure the effective design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of interventions in this technical area and to continuously improve program quality. The Ag-Livelihoods Officer supports the Project Manager in ensuring that project objectives and targets are met. S/he also strengthens the capacity of the project team and partners in Food Security & Livelihoods and serves as a technical resource. S/he ensures implementation of the CRS AL SPA strategy and community based strategies designated to ensure on-going food security programmes.
The Ag-Livelihoods Officer will work with relevant Government of Zimbabwe Ministries and Departments’ staff to carry out trainings at various levels and on relevant subject matter. The Ag-Livelihoods Officer will work with partner staff and communities to monitor achievement and impact. S/he will work in collaboration with local specialists, technical staff and industry stakeholders and perform the designated tasks below in order to achieve programmatic objectives and demonstrate a quality of excellent work standards that is an example to others.
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent in Agriculture specializing in Agronomy, livestock management, animal husbandry, or other related field experience
- Minimum of three years’ community development and/or project management experience in Government or NGO on issues relevant to the technical area
- Minimum one year of practical experience with USAID or DFiD programs preferred.
Proven experience in market orientation and analysis, private sector partnership and income-generating activities.
- Demonstrated capacities to establish and maintain strong, collaborative working relationships with donors, government officials, local organizations, communities and other stakeholders
- Proven capacity to work in a multidisciplinary team to implement projects and activities.
- Excellent oral, written communication skills in both English and the appropriate local language preferred and ability to develop IEC materials
- Ability to work independently and in teams, and represent CRS
- Proficiency in MS Office Packages, Email and other appropriate software
- Ability to travel to the operational areas on frequent basis as project demands.
Those who meet the above criteria are invited to submit their applications together with a cover letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae that includes the names and contact details (plus e-mail addresses) of three traceable references. Applications should be clearly marked with the position applied for, i.e. “Ag-Livelihoods Officer” on the envelope or in the email subject line.
Please submit by: Thursday, 26 January 2017 to: The Country Representative, 95 Park Lane, Harare or by email to: Zimbabwe.firstname.lastname@example.org. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation. CRS does not charge application fees or processing fees to potential applicants or any fee throughout the recruitment process.