Applications are invited from suitably qualified results oriented professionals and experienced persons to fill the above vacancy. The candidate will be reporting to the Deputy City Engineer.
Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate must possess the following experience, qualifications and personal attributes:
• At least 5’0′ Levels including English Language and Maths
• Bsc Honours Degree in Rural and Urban Planning
• At least seven (7) years post qualification experience preferably Government environment
• Thorough knowledge of Regional, Town and Country Planning Act (2.9:12) and related legislation
• Membership of ZIRUP or equivalent institution
• Be able to work under minimum supervision
• Possession of a clean class four (4) driver’s licence a must
Duties and Responsibilities
• Detailed design of Layout Plans for residential, commercial, industrial and other ancillary uses
• Maintenance and updating of Council Land Register
• Issuance of survey instructions to Land Surveyors on approved Layout Plans and ensuring that title surveys are done as per Layout Plans
• Development Control in terms of planned land uses, issuance of subdivision and consolidation of land permits in terms of Regional, Town and Country Planning Act (29:12)
• Examination and appraisal of building plans submitted for approval
• Inspection of buildings for licensing
• Supervision of Building Inspectors, Planning Technicians and Drawing Office Staff
• Preparation of Planning Section Budgets and Work Plans
• Attend Council committee meetings and any other duties assigned by the Co Engineer.
Handwritten applications together with certified copies of qualifications, certificates, driver’s licence and a detailed Curriculum Vitae should be submitted to the undersigned no later than 26th June, 2018.
The Town Clerk City of Masvingo
P O BOX 17