SUPERVISOR/MANAGER-TOBACCO GROWER PROGRAM
A Well-known tobacco company with a successful track record in local and export production and which manages a highly successful Out Growers, Small and Large-Scale Commercial Program, is looking for a suitably qualified person to fill the above mentioned position.
Qualifications and experience
Acceptable Degree or Diploma in Agriculture specializing in tobacco culture
• 5 years’ proven experience in the administration of small to medium-scale tobacco farming activities or, 8 years’ experience in agricultural extension services with major emphasis on tobacco farming
• Valid Class 3 or and 4 driver’s licence
• Finding and assessing tobacco small holder growers for our extensive Out Growers Program
• Providing agronomic advice and monitoring crop performance and farmer adherence to company production guidelines
• Provide logistical support and facilitate inputs delivery
• Supervise leaf deliveries
• Ensuring crop leaf quality and quantity targets are met
• Preparing production reports for management
• Assisting Head with Out Growers program by offering advice and direction for higher productivity
• Field training and trips as required
• Other functions
Interested candidates should send their applications [email protected] no later than 30 August 2019.