MACHEKE SUB-CATCHMENT COUNCIL
Box 226 DA’s Complex Rusape
0225 205 2434/0225 205 2718
JOB TITLE: SUB CATCHMENT MANAGER
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To provide a yearly strategic Master plan for Macheke Sub Catchment Council
- To organise, coordinate all Sub Catchment Council Integrated Water Resource Management (IWRM) programmes and activities. To monitor water flows and water usage in accordance with allocations made under permits.
- To attend to water disputes/conflicts and facilitate resolutions before they are brought to Full Council Meetings.
- To ensure that scheduled SubCC Full Council Meetings and Annual General Meetings are held as planned.
- To facilitate the formation of water users’ associations, committees or relevant groupings.
- To participate in meetings for District Development Committees, Government or Government related institutions / Developmental Agencies involved in or touching on IWRM issues e.g., Command Agriculture
- To carry out awareness and disseminate important IWRM information and technical advice to stakeholders.
- Degree in Agriculture/ Water Resources Management / Civil Engineering I Geography and Environmental Studies / Environmental or Natural Resources Management or relevant.
- At least 3 years of working experience in IWRM or working with similar structures or institutions
- Class 4 drivers licence is a must
- Additional qualification in management is an added advantage
Job Application Details
Candidates interested can submit their application letter and CV’s addressed to the Sub Catchment Chairperson at office 101 Chingaira building, Rusape or e-mail [email protected] by Wednesday 20th January 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please say that you got this job advertisement through Jobs Zimbabwe