Freda Rebecca Gold Mine has a vacancy for a Section Engineer who will be reporting to the Engineering Manager in the Underground Engineering Department.
The successful incumbent will be responsible for effectively leading and coordinating maintenance of the Underground Mobile and Fixed Plant infrastructure to ensure that equipment is safe, reliable and available to meet production targets on time and at optimum cost.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures total compliance to mining standards and legal requirements through regular inspections and audits.
- Applies relevant engineering expertise to ensure compliance to all engineering standards.
- Ensure Inspection and Certification of Equipment as per legal and Occupational Health and Safety Requirements.
- Develops and manages the sections budget.
- Manages the performance of contractors and suppliers and ensures services rendered are as per contract/ Service Level Agreement (SLA’s).
- Perform root cause analysis and provide inputs to a defect elimination team.
- Analyse asset performance and validate production loss data. Implement Continuous Improvement initiatives by keeping abreast of new developments in the mining industry and introducing change in work processes where appropriate.
- Manages the staff complement in the section (this includes performance and discipline).
- Identify engineering staff training gaps and provides on and off the job training, coaching and mentorship to subordinates.
- Lead section efforts on cost reduction.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- A minimum of five years working experience in a similar role with underground trackless Gold mining experience.
- Should be a member of a recognised professional body i.e (ZIE).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are essential to the success of this position.
- The candidate must also be an exceptional team leader with flexible attitude and sound work ethics.
- Should have sound knowledge of ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018 and must posses the ability to practice and promote safe work behaviour.