InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) is looking for a Tenacious and Shrewd Purchasing and Procurement Manager to join our multinational elite team. Under the guidance of the Director of Finance and Business Support, you will be responsible for managing and controlling purchasing systems and procedures to continually improve the supply chain process, ensuring cost effective contracting of products and services, and promoting compliance internally with established standards. The major role of this post is for the acquisition of food, beverage, and general purchases at maximum economics based on business activity. The Purchasing Manager acts as a liaison between individuals in the hotel and supplier representatives in the procurement of goods and services required to achieve the objectives of each department.
Your forte is translating operating forecasts into material requirements plans and thereby determining standard stock and re-orders levels with Department Heads and Management. We are in search of an individual who is not afraid to challenge the norm, tackle challenges head on from different angles and who aspires to be part of an elite, dynamic and eclectic team. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in related field, with a track record of market knowledge and reliable connections. At IHG, we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies – people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we’re looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team. Our role is to put the glamour into international travel.
That’s where you come in. When you’re part of the InterContinental Hotels brand, you’re more than just a job title. At InterContinental Hotels Group, we look for people who are charming, confident, and internationally-minded; people who know what it takes to exceed guest expectations. Because your career will be as unique as you are, we’ll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start, be involved and grow. And because the InterContinental Hotels & Resorts brand belongs to the IHG® family of brands, you’ll also benefit from all of the opportunities that come from being part of a successful, global hospitality company with over 4800 hotels in over 100 countries around the world. So whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to the InterContinental Hotels & Resorts brand and IHG and we’ll make sure you’ll have room to be yourself. Interested applicants should forward their recent CV and cover letter through InterContinental’s career email or apply button displayed above.
MAJOR ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directly supervise the Purchasing/Receiving staff through delegation of work tasks to achieve set objectives.
- Attend all Food and Beverage and related meetings such as menu engineering, weekly forecast, BEO meetings and Financial Services.
- Maintain close communications with Chef and Catering Department on requirements for future menu events to evaluate menus against Par Inventories in determining necessary requirements for outlets and banquet functions.
- Establish and maintain training tools for subordinates to achieve a better knowledge and understanding of the Purchasing process and applications such as: product familiarity, receiving and storage standards, EOM reconciliation of Food and Beverage inventories, EOM Accounts Payable closing.
- Coordinate with vendor to set up site visits of their facilities to aid key personnel in Purchasing and Storerooms as a training tool to improve basic knowledge of commodities used.
- Counsel and make, as needed, assessment of present and/or new associate job performance to determine what specific training is required to achieve desired results.
- Evaluate vendor performance in compliance to Purchasing bid procedures.
- Monitors vendor ability to provide timely and consistent quality according to established specifications.
- Maintain close communications with Corporate Purchasing offices for placement and follow-up on quarterly and annual order requirements.
- Attend area hotel and restaurant shows and seminars to establish new vendor relations and learn of new products and ways to improve present operation.
- Manage weekly bid process to ensure the best prices are being obtained on frequently purchased items.
- Coordinate weekly wine, liquor and beer purchases, ensuring compliance with state liquor laws. Establish and maintain requisition procedures for alcoholic beverages that guarantee maximum control over inventories.
- Work daily with Accounts Payable to ensure Birch Street is accurate and up-to-date.
- IHG’s Corporate Fringe Benefits includes:
- Corporate accommodations are provided to enable individuals perform the essential functions.
- Full accompanying family flight return tickets to/from corporate operation location.
- Regular promotion opportunities with short-term and long-term disability covers
- 4 years initial contract with option of further extension.
- Lucrative Job/career advancement opportunities and apprenticeships.
- Regular and competitive graduate remuneration package.
- Discounted associate rates at IHG’s multinational associates.
- Dental and life insurance coverage requirement
- 401(k) retirement & compensation plan
- On-site recreation and workout facilities.
- 30days paid annual leave and paid time off
- Related furniture/car/transport, etc allowance as required,
- An equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining a multinational culture.
- Graduate career levels with graduate reward and remuneration standard.
- A passion for hospitality and multinational hotels career essential.
- Minimum of Professional/Vocational/Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Computer literacy with knowledge of major Microsoft Office range of products.
- Relevant work experience on related post or position applied for.
- Ability to work under pressure and results driven.
- Self-confident, creative, proactive, with ability to prioritize and make effective decisions.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Ability to build strong relationships, interact and influence others at all levels of the organization.
- Minimum 3years work experience required in all.
- Ability to work alone or in a team as demonstrated in previous work experience.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage priorities is critical.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
How To Apply
Interested Candidates should please submit their resume or recent CV to this email address below:
Email: [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates are contacted for the interview