Project Officer x2 – World Vision
Profuturo is an Education Project being implemented by World Vision Zimbabwe. The Project objective is to bridge the gap between the rural and urban learners by providing digital technology to the education system. The Project is currently being implemented in Lupane and is exanding to cover Gwanda.
Position Title: Project Officer (2)
Location: Lupane & Gwanda
Purpose of the Position:
• Project Officer (Profuturo Digital Education Project) is responsible for supporting the schools during trainings and the follow up of the teachers. He or she will be the one visiting the schools and training the head teachers and the teachers on how to implement ProFuturo’s Solution.
Major responsibilities and accountabilities
• Ensure the Training for Teachers is conducted.
• Conduct reinforcement trainings of teachers after the initial training- support and follow-up.
• Individual support to schools where the teachers have difficulties in implementing the model.
• Provide coaching and mentoring to teachers.
• Review the work schedule with the equipment
• Solve incidences: equipment, use of the platform and contents.
• Administration support of the platform to assist teachers: o Creation of new users in the platform.o Configuration of classes and contents in the platform.
• Making tests and surveys, for teachers and students.
• Budget/ expenses management at District level.
• Prepare high-quality, written project status reports, updates, summaries, and other documents for the District.
• On Safeguarding- identify children who are particularly vulnerable to violence or abuse and recommend and oversee the application of appropriate additional safeguards and measures the program can undertake
• Conduct routine service mapping of protection and safeguarding stakeholders in the District.
• Develop and manage the relationships with the Ministry of Social Welfare and other critical stakeholders to assure program results.
Qualifications and Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Education, Development Studies, Social Sciences or any related field.
• Two (2) years’experience working in an education program and leading a team.
• Knowledge and experience with the local educational system, Policies and curriculum.
• Understanding of adult learning based on previous experience is desirable.
• Proficiency in English, local languages.
• Computer Literate. Experience with e-learning platforms is an added advantage
• Ability to lead a team
• Good and effective communication skills.
• Community engagement and facilitation skills
• Clean Class 4 driver’s license.
How to apply
Please Click HERE
NB: Shortlisting will be done as applications are received. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.