- The incumbent should show strong programme management skills including staff supervision, budgetary control and data analysis.
- They should also have the ability to interact and work with key populations (different sexual orientations).
- Sound appreciation of various disciplines including statistics, epidemiology, and social sciences.
- You should be a team player who engages stakeholders and maintains a healthy relationship with all.
- Master degree in public health, social science or a relevant discipline;
- A minimum of 5 years in a senior management position in public health, sexual and reproductive health and rights or HIV;
- Demonstrated expertise in strategic and long term planning and the ability to ensure that operational plans and activities meet targets and appropriately reflect longer term perspectives;
- Proven experience of working and negotiating with Government and donors at all levels;
- Demonstrated senior management expertise, including proven ability to develop the capacities of multi-disciplinary professional teams.
Essential knowledge and skills
- Sound and up to date knowledge of concepts, methodologies and techniques required in the implementation of HIV programmes;
- Strong leadership and management skills;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Ability to manage crises, conflict and risk;
- Good communication skills;
- Ability to Fundraise