World Vision seeks to recruit a qualified Program Assistant for an anticipated livestock value chain project in Zimbabwe. World Vision and its partners will support the development of a strong, competitive Livestock Value Chain that promotes enhanced trade, employment creation, food security and inclusive green economic growth; as well as improving the enabling environment for a sustainable and inclusive in Zimbabwe.
Purpose of the Position:
To provide a wide range of administrative support services for the BVC Pproject to develop and maintain efficient office systems and procedures, with particular emphasis on filing, logisitcs, accounting and communications management.
Major Accountabilities/ Responsibilities:
- Support project staff by facilitating with documentation required to maintain/repair office equipment such as fax machine, photocopying machine etc.
- Arrange all the logistic details for commodities conference i.e. meetings, workshops ensuring that accommodation, food and transport are set as well as controlling the conference budget
- Ensuring that all records (beneficiary distribution lists) for the program are properly maintained and sent to the Archive office when due.
- Train Finance & Admin Assistants on beneficiary database as per donor requirements
- Be in charge of the Archive office, maintaining all records, checking records for completeness and tracking records.
- Facilitate the procurement and acquisition of resources and materials needed to achieve set activities such as work suits, hats, T-shirts, printers, computers etc.
- Manage stationery for the Project teams in Districts liaising with procurement and stores for restocking
- Maintain the Team Leader’s files, schedule of appointments ensuring the confidentiality and security of documents.
- Prepare monthly labour distribution reports and attendance registers for the department.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Diploma in Office Administration, Administration or Higher National Diploma in Secretarial Studies. Degree in Administration, Office Administration or Office Management will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of five years experience in administration and office management services preferred.
- Must have computer aptitude and experience with word processing, database management, and spreadsheet software.
- Good organizational skills, ability to manage and prioritize tasks
- Adaptability and flexibility. Fluency in English, both verbal and written is essential.