The Procurement Officer reports to the Executive Officer Human Resources and Administration.
The candidate should therefore be in possession of the following:
- A degree in purchasing and Supply management or equivalent
- At least three years in Procurement preferably in a public institution
- A professional qualification in Supply Chain Management is an added advantage.
- Membership of reputable procurement boards or institutes.
- Firm knowledge of Procurement Legislation and Regulations in Zimbabwe Strong negotiation skills
- At least 30 years old NO criminal record
- Overseeing the procurement of goods and services for council in line with procurement regulations
- Advising in contract negotiations with contractors and drafting contracts.
- Advising the Accounting Officer on all procurement
- Determining applicable procurement methods to be used when requests are received.
- Reviewing tender documents in line with Procurement Act and Procurement Regulations.
- Producing monthly Procurement Reports for the accounting officer.
- Stores management
- Preparation Of annual procurement and returns
- Management of council registered assets and disposal of assets.
- Carrying Out Other administrative functions Of council
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Accounting Officer and Procurement Management Unit.