VACANT POST: PROCUREMENT MANAGER
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced personnel to fill the above mentioned vacant position in the Town Clerk’s Department. The Procurement Manager will be reporting to the Town Clerk.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Honors Degree in Purchasing and Supply or equivalent
- Diploma in Purchasing and Supply Management.
- Valid Membership of a recognized professional board is a must e.g Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply ( CIPS).
- At least 5 years relevant experience, 3 years at Managerial level
- Knowledge of Pastel Evolution is an added advantage.
- A clean class 4 drivers licence
- Must have knowledge Of the Public Procurement and Disposal Of Public Assets Act(Chapter 22:23)
- Good negotiating skills.
- Knowledge of Local Authority business and processes
- Ability to Network.
Ability to act with utmost propriety and honesty
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Championing the formulation and implementation Of the Municipality’s procurement plans.
- Procurement of goods and services for Council in line with the procurement regulations.
- Overseeing the procurement process.
- Supervision of the evaluation committee and opening Of Bids
- Advising Evaluation Committee on tender issues
- Interfaces with Procurement Regulatory Authority of Zimbabwe.
- Prepares and Manages tender documents and reports .
- Provides technical procurement guidance/support to line managers.
- Advising the Accounting Officer on all procurement issues.
- Performing any other duties as assigned by the Town Clerk.
Applications in own handwriting, accompanied with six (6) copies of detailed curriculum vitae and certified copies of relevant qualifications as well as contact details of at least three (3) professional references, should be addressed to :
The Town Clerk
P.O. Box CZA 70
Not later than the 15th of February 2019.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted