Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill in the following position within the National AIDS Council.
Procurement Manager – National AIDS Council
Station: Head Office – Harare
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
- Manage the day to day operations of the Procurement function in compliance with the provisions of the Public Procurement and Assets Disposal Act
- Compile the Organization’s Annual Procurement Plan in liaison with users
- Coordinate and oversee the operationalization of the Procurement Plan
- Develop and operationalise internal procurement guidelines
- Build and monitor capacity of departments in handling procurement issues
- Develop and manage a supplier database
- Identify and adopt fruitful procurement and sourcing strategies
- Liaise and engage service providers on procurement matters
- Provide technical expertise to the Procurement Committee
- Documentation and record keeping of all procurement issues
- Recommend all Purchase Orders and Contracts for goods and services
- Act as link between NAC and PRAZ and other partners on procurement issues
- Liaise with PRAZ on relevant procurement matters
- Compile and submit periodic reports on procurement
- Formulate work objectives and supervise procurement assignments.
- Extensive knowledge of Public Procurement systems and procedures Strong ICT skills and ability to use computerized procurement packages
- Ability to identify and mitigate risks in procurement.
- Strong negotiating skills
- Integrity, honesty and stewardship in the handling of resources.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to lead and motivate a team towards achieving results.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree Purchasing and Supply Chain Management or equivalent.
- Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) Professional Diploma.
- At least 5 (five) years’ experience at Managerial Level.
- A relevant Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Be in possession of a clean class 4 drivers’ licence.
Applications must be submitted by email to; firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receipt of Applications: 11/03/2018.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com