Mennonite Central Committee (MCC) is a worldwide ministry of Anabaptist churches. MCC is a global,
non-profit organization that strives to share God’s love and compassion for all through relief,
development, and peace. In all our programs we are committed to relationships with our local partners
and churches. As an Anabaptist organization, we strive to make peace a part of everything we do.
We are hiring:
Job title: Peace Coordinator
Responsible to: MCC Representatives
Location: Bulawayo, Zimbabwe
Term: 1 Year Fixed Contract (Possibility of Contract’s Extension/Renewal).
Start date: As soon as possible
The Peacebuilding Coordinators is expected to resource MCC Zimbabwe as well as partner organizations
in peacebuilding. They will work closely with the MCC Representatives for Zimbabwe with a focus on
capacity building of local partners, networking, and coordination of peacebuilding initiatives. Tasks will
require collaborating with partners, reviewing programming, supporting reporting, supporting partner
capacity as needed. The Peacebuilding Coordinator will further resource MCC staff, MCC peacebuilding
initiatives and guests/learning tours as the need arises.
Approximately 80% time will be devoted to supporting MCC’s partner organizations, while 20% time will
be devoted to networking with counterparts across MCC programs in Africa for sharing and cross
pollination of ideas and resources. This will be done in consultation with the MCC Representatives in
The Peacebuilding Coordinator is expected to support MCC Zimbabwe in achieving MCC’s organizational
strategic priorities. They will play a role in supporting MCC Zimbabwe to strengthen and expand
peacebuilding, support opportunities for peacebuilding with uprooted and displaced peoples, capacity
building for peacebuilding, and programming pertaining to peacebuilding and climate change.
Duties and responsibilities
The Peacebuilding Coordinator will work primarily with MCC partners to assist with program
management and monitoring. The Peacebuilding Coordinator will engage with national staff, service
workers, and partners to help them develop a stronger understanding of peacebuilding concepts that
they can apply in their various specific duties which include, but are not limited to:
1. Support the planning, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting of MCC-funded peacebuilding
o Assist partners in preparing, collating, and editing all their reports.
o Drafting and updating MOUs in consultation with MCC Zimbabwe Projects Coordinator.
o Ensure timely submission of financial and narrative reports in line with MCC timelines.
2. Support MCC-funded peacebuilding projects to meet MCC’s Safeguarding expectations.
3. Serve as an active member of the MCC Zimbabwe team through regular updates and attendance
at all team functions.
4. Continually research and monitor peace and justice trends in Zimbabwe, and update the MCC
Zimbabwe team accordingly.
5. Support the implementation of the MCC implemented Africa Peacebuilding Institute.
6. Network on behalf of MCC with other peace and justice actors in Zimbabwe.
7. Participate in MCC Africa and MCC Global networks and webinars.
8. Any other duties that may be assigned by the MCC Representatives in Zimbabwe.
MCC Zimbabwe Team Support:
Work interdependently with other sectors/staff for mutual collaboration and collective support.
Qualification, Skills and Experience Requirements
1. Degree in peace studies or relevant field.
2. Demonstrated knowledge in various peacebuilding approaches and capacities, including Conflict
Analysis and Conflict Sensitivity.
3. Minimum two years’ experience in peacebuilding, social work, or any other community-based
4. Theological training and /or leadership development experience preferred.
5. Strong written and spoken English communication skills.
6. Ability to communicate in local language(s) – Ndebele or Shona or Tonga.
7. Experience and/or basic understanding of international development and/or non-profit settings.
8. Experience in program planning, reporting and monitoring for international audiences.
9. Experience training and coaching, particularly using online formats, preferred.
10. Excellent interpersonal skills, respectful of the host culture, interested to working alongside
others as opposed to imposing ideas.
11. Self-motivated, demonstrate flexibility and ability to thrive even in an ambiguity situation.
12. Ability to work collaborative and in diverse teams, including with colleagues across MCC Africa
and in North America.
13. Ability to work comfortably within values consistent with Anabaptist teaching on peace, justice
14. Aptitude with Microsoft Office suite, online meeting platforms, and other Information
15. Familiarity with peace and justice issues in Zimbabwe.
16. Travel: Willingness to travel long distances and work long days (with time off in lieu). Be willing
to travel frequently by bus and accept the sometimes-rustic realities of the Zimbabwe context.
Having a valid driver’s permit and being comfortable to drive both automatic and manual
transmission vehicles is an asset.
All Mennonite Central Committee (MCC) workers are expected to exhibit a commitment to a personal
Christian faith and discipleship; active church membership; and nonviolent peacemaking.
MCC is an equal opportunity employer, committed to employment equity. MCC values diversity and
invites all interested qualified candidates to apply.
Do you want to join us?
Submit a CV and a motivation letter (1page max, each) indicating why you are the best candidate for the
position, all combined in a single PDF document.These documents should be sent by email to: [email protected] no later than May 26th, 2022. In addition, it is required that you enter basic information about yourself into the Google form here.
Please remember to indicate on the subject line, the position you are applying for. Only shortlisted
candidates will be contacted for interviews.
GET A WORLD CLASS CV FOR ZWL4500. COVER LETTER FOR ZWL3000
Pay for CV here
Pay for Cover Letter here
Whatsapp us on +263784644514
- Job Application Details Submit a CV and a motivation letter (1page max, each) indicating why you are the best candidate for the position, all combined in a single PDF document.These documents should be sent by email to: [email protected] no later than May 26th, 2022. In addition, it is required that you enter basic information about yourself into the Google form here.
- This job has expired!
Get jobs mailed to your email address
Like us on Facebook
Scholarship for MBA, Bachelors and Masters Degrees
- Accounting (54)
- Administrative (54)
- Agents (1)
- Agriculture (5)
- Anaesthesiologist (1)
- Apprenticeship (2)
- Artisans (2)
- Arts (1)
- ASSISTANT (1)
- Attachment (11)
- Audit Assistants (1)
- Auditing (2)
- Banking (2)
- Biotech (1)
- Bookkeeper (2)
- Business Development (5)
- Business Development Managers (1)
- Business management (3)
- Carpentry (1)
- Cashier (1)
- Chef (2)
- Chief Executive Officer (1)
- Civil Engineering (1)
- Cleaning (2)
- Clerk (8)
- College Intakes (1)
- Communications (3)
- Construction (6)
- Consultancy (5)
- Consultant (1)
- Control Officer (1)
- COORDINATOR (2)
- Customer Relations (1)
- Customer Service (4)
- Data Entry (1)
- Designer (4)
- Developer (4)
- Director (3)
- DREAMS District Lead (1)
- Driver (11)
- Economics (1)
- Education (10)
- Electrician (1)
- Engineering (19)
- Environment and Resilience Officer (2)
- Executive (6)
- Farming (3)
- Finance (36)
- Fitter Turner (1)
- Food Monitors (1)
- General work (5)
- geologist (1)
- Graduate Trainee (12)
- Graduate Trainees (5)
- Graphic Designer (5)
- Health & Safety (4)
- Health Care (8)
- Health Care (2)
- Hospitality (1)
- Hotel & Catering (3)
- HR (10)
- Human Resources (16)
- Industrial Attachments (2)
- Information Officer (1)
- Information Technology (25)
- Innovation Officer (1)
- Insurance (5)
- Intern (2)
- Internship (6)
- Invoicing and Cash Transfers Officer (1)
- IT (9)
- Journalism (2)
- Journeyperson – Originator (1)
- Kubatana Jobs (9)
- Lab Technician (2)
- Laboratory (1)
- Landscapers (1)
- Lawyer (1)
- Lectureship (3)
- Lecturing (3)
- Legal (3)
- LEGAL SERVICES (1)
- Librarian (2)
- Logistics Clerk (1)
- Logistics Management (1)
- Machine Operator (1)
- Machinery (2)
- Management (21)
- Manufacturing (3)
- Marketing (32)
- Mechanic (3)
- Mechanics (3)
- Media (2)
- Medical (2)
- Medical Laboratory Scientist (1)
- Medical Laboratory Technicians (1)
- Mining (2)
- Monitoring & Evaluation (4)
- Monitoring and Evaluation (2)
- NGO (48)
- Nurse Aid (1)
- Nurses (6)
- Nursing Training Intake (1)
- Operations (3)
- Others (1)
- PA (2)
- Procurement (11)
- Program Director (1)
- Programmer (1)
- Project Assistant (1)
- Project Management (3)
- Protection and Accountability Officers (1)
- Protection Officer (1)
- PROVINCIAL HEAD (1)
- Purchasing (3)
- Real Estate (3)
- Receptionist (3)
- Research (3)
- Retail Management (3)
- Risk Management (2)
- Sales (42)
- Sales Representatives (2)
- Secretarial (7)
- Security (3)
- SHE (2)
- Social Behaviour Change Advisor (1)
- Social Services (23)
- Software Engineer (1)
- Sports (1)
- Stores (2)
- Strategic Management (2)
- Supervisor (4)
- Tailors (3)
- Teachers' Training (1)
- Teaching (9)
- Technical (2)
- Technical Advisor (1)
- Technician (8)
- Tenders (1)
- Tourism and Hospitality (1)
- Training (1)
- Training Officer (1)
- Transportation & Logistics (2)
- Waiter /Waitress (1)
- WASH (1)