Medical Laboratory Scientist
• Perform and report lab test results accurately and efficiently in accordance with section guidelines to ensure a safe working environment
• Perform clerical and computer tasks associated with specimen handling and analysis
• Participate in service education programs and technical advancement opportunities
• Provide correct and complete patient samples identification at all times from sample delivery to reporting analysis results
• Be aware of/and handle hazardous materials in accordance with regulations to ensure a safe working environment.
• Exhibit an appropriate attitude of professionalism in dealing with hospital staff, patients, visitors, co-workers and supervisors
• Demonstrate commitment to the hospital and laboratory department’s philosophy, goals and standards of laboratory testing
• Practice cost effective measures through appropriate use of laboratory supplies and equipment
• Demonstrate knowledge of disease processes; diagnostic tests normal and abnormal.
• Physical ability to perform basic laboratory procedures.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to work and remain focused under pressure
• Good decision making skills with ability to work under minimum supervision
• An understanding of patient confidentiality
• The ability to pay thorough attention to detail
• Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology or HBMLS
• Current Practising certificate
• At least 2 years’ experience