|Manager- Audit (quote reference HC 2020-00|
Key job functions
- Develop work plans and audit approach for engagements, including scope; engagement flow; staffing and other resource requirements; deliverables (tailored to exceed client expectations) and engagement budget
- Prepare audit scope documents encompassing audits for multilocation and international
- Analyse information found during the fact-finding phase to develop frameworks and draw conclusions from fieldwork.
- Technical reviews on all assignments in order to ensure global methodologies are adhered to.
- Make decisions on priority of issues and associated risks identified during fieldwork, and articulate and support position on key findings and recommendations within client work or other outputs/deliverables.
- Act as reviewer for achieving a) Completeness and accuracy of work in relation to engagement objectives; b) Proper incorporation of technical input from specialists; c) Compliance with quality standards and risk management procedures.
- Conduct interviews with senior level client staff, identifying the root causes, risks or other insightful information related to client issues and/or areas for additional consideration.
Make appropriate business recommendations based on knowledge of clients and their business needs.
- Review financial statements and ensure compliance with applicable International Financial Reporting Standards and other relevant legislation.
- Carry out independence and conflict checks.
- Attend audit committee meetings, annual general meetings and any other meetings that the client requires attendance.
- Act as team leader by briefing and motivating team members to contribute, achieve and improve
- Proactively provide junior staff with ongoing coaching and shared knowledge with team members regarding best practice.
- Mentor and coach less experienced team members in terms of specific performance and development Provide feedback during the appraisal process.
- Share knowledge with other departments, through discussion; distributing relevant materials;
arranging introductions to other specialists.
- Facilitate both internal and external workshops on methodology and IFRS updates when required.
The ideal candidate should have the following attributes:
- Chartered Accountant in good standing
- Registered Public Auditor or a Registered Public Accountant
- Must have at least 2 years work experience in a similar role
- Willing to travel within and out of Zimbabwe from time to time
- Good interpersonal and client relationship management skills
- Should be able to execute, manage projects as well as meet budgets
- Must be self-driven and a team player
Candidates who meet the requirements of the above positions should submit applications and detailed resumes no later than 27 November 2020 to: [email protected]