JAVA DEVELOPER (LEVEL 8) – ZIMRA
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop programs using JAVA and Oracle database to resolve business requirements.
• Modify existing programs in line with changing business requirements orto fix bugs in the programs.
• Adhere to the Authoritys software development standards.
• Develop integration solutions for internal and external systems.
• Provide support to system issues raised by end users.
• Participate in any other software development work using JAVA based technologies.
• Recommend changes to improve established operational systems processes.
• Develop application code forJAVA programs as assigned by the supervisor.
• Develop authorized mobile and web applications and innovative solutions as required by business.
• Design and develop user interfaces to internet/ intranet applications.
• Research and troubleshoot reported problems.
• Comply with project standards and processes related to producing high quality web-based applications.
• Any other duties as may be assigned.
Job Skills and Competencies
• Self-starter with ability to work under pressure and long hours.
• Ability to communicate at all levels.
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Unquestionable integrity.
Qualifications and Experience
• A degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or equivalent
• JAVA SE Certification is a must.
• Knowledge of JSP / Servlets, Web Frameworks like Struts / Spring, Service Oriented Architecture/ Web Services – SOAP / REST, Web Technologies like HTML, CSS. JAVA Script and JQuery, Markup Languages like XML and JSON is a must.
• Knowledge of Agile Software Development and the Software Development Life Cycle Methodologies is a must.
• At least two (2) years working experience with software development projects for an enterprise environment is a must.
• Knowledge of Microsoft BizTalk or any other Enterprise Integration technology is an added advantage.
Interested candidates should submit applications, accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of academic and professional qualifications, by not later than 30 August 2019, in sealed envelopes clearly indicating the position being applied for.
The Director, Human Capital
Zimbabwe Revenue Authority
6th Floor ZB Centre
Corner First Street/ Kwame Nkrumah Avenue P. O. Box 4360