ICT Security Specialist
The incumbent will be responsible for the establishment and administration of an organisation’s ICT Security Policy and Procedures to ensure preventive and recovers strategies are in place and minimise the risk of ;mental end external security threats.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performing the operational establishment and preventive maintenance of backups, recovery procedures, and enforcing security and integrity controls
- Implementing and administering database documentation, guidelines, policies and procedures
- Testing database systems. network systems and upgrades, such as debugging, tracking, reproduction, logging and resolving all identified problems, according to approved quality testing scripts, procedures and processes
- Accepting responsibility for the processes, procedures and operational management associated with system security and disaster recovery planning
- Liaising with security vendors, suppliers, service providers and external resources; analysing, recommending, installing and maintaining software security applications; and monitoring contractual obligations, performance delivery and service level agreements
- Preparing and maintaining documentation, policies and instructions, and recording and detailing operational procedures and system logs
- Ensuring that the design of computer sites allows all components to lit together and work properly, and monitoring and adjusting the performance of networks
- Continually surveying the current ICT trends to determine future network and systems’ needs and making recommendations for enhancements in the implementation of future systems and networks to the Head of ICT
Qualifications and Experience
A degree in information security or related, CISSP, CISM or related will be an added advantage Two (2) years relevant experience
Interested and qualified applicants should send their CV, clearly stating the position being applied for to the following email address: [email protected] Deadline for applications is Friday 14th December 2018.