GENERAL MANAGER – PRODUCTS and SERVICES
Cassava Smartech is looking for an exceptional product leader to join the EcoCash team. The main purpose of the job is to manage the current and future development of EcoCash products & Services and provide for solutions designs and architectures of all products and services.
Qualifications and Experience
• A Bachelor of Science Honours Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Commercial degree or equivalent
• A Professional qualification in related field is mandatory.
• 8- 10 years of extensive experience with product management, agile development, product launches, scaling, and change management, especially within the FinTech space
• A track record in setting clear direction and driving high levels of engagement and performance across multidisciplinary teams
• Leadership experience in communicating product expectations at the executive level
• Ability to influence through persuasive verbal and written communication
• Entrepreneurial, curious and highly proactive behaviours are essential
Key Result Areas
• Develops and leads the execution of the EcoCash product development strategy for Zimbabwe.
• Ensures seamless delivery of a quality EcoCash products and services in Zimbabwe
• Provides guidance and recommends on global technical trends, architectural efficiencies and transfer of knowledge to the product development team on each product launched
• Advises the business on up to date EcoCash Competitor and Market intelligence efforts and proposes counter actions and activities accordingly
• Drives the Business KPIs and implements appropriate interventions to ensure alignment with business plans
• Guides the business in developing and implementing business cases for all EcoCash products and Services
• Develops the EcoCash product development and services roadmap
• Manages the EcoCash projects through the PMO & handles information and knowledge management issues
• Leads design and engineering teams and vendors to develop innovative and breakthrough solutions
• Undertakes Research on new technologies for mobile money and payments in general
• Delivers product design and specifications which meets specified performance within acceptable budgets
• Works with operations, sales, customer care to derive key insights from customers and translate them into cutting edge, high quality products to internal and external customers.
• Supports market intelligence efforts and propose product adjustments accordingly
• Schedules deployments of new products and features as well as enhancements on EcoCash
• Manages the interface dependencies with IS and other vendors to identify resources required for the Product development project.
• Liaises with EcoCash system vendors and other ecosystem players (for integrations) to ensure alignment of project tasks and activities
• Manages and coordinates post implementation reviews whenever there are system enhancements and new products introduced