GENERAL MANAGER- Banking Operations
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the General Manager – Risking Operations is responsible for the bank’s strategy for Retail Banking, Corporate Banking, Esteem Banking, Agency & E-Banking and Operations. Interpreting and operationalising approved policies and strategies, to ensure business growth, and optimal service delivery to both internal and external customers, whilst minimizing risk.
ACTIVITIES OF THE JOB
1. Strategy Formulation and Actioning • Contributes to formulation and development of the Strategic Plan for the Business Unit • Implements plans for the Business Unit • Reviews both internal and external audit report with a view to plugging loopholes in operations and to develop efficient operational procedures. • Prepares Board, and Board Credit Committee papers on a quarterly basis and as when these are required. • Attends the Board Credit Committee by invitation or a quarterly basis.
2. Budgeting & Budgetary Control • Complies budget estimates for Banking & Operations after reviewing input from heads of department, for incorporation into the bank’s master budget annually.• Ensure that operating costs are matched with business activity on a daily basis, whilst reviewing same monthly •Ensure that all business units under Banking and operating costs are matched with business activity on a daily basis, whilst reviewing the same monthly all business units under Banking & operations operate profitably and according to balance sheet targets on a continual basis, whilst reviewing the same monthly. Reviews Capital Expenditure (CAPEX) requisitions from Banking Operations and recommends for payment by Finance
3. Business Development & Account Relationship Management • Ensure, growth of the bank’s corporate and personal loan book on a continual basis by creating and maintaining key customer contacts, and ensuring there are efficient and effective systems in place to process loan applications. • Ensures growth in the bank’s deposit/savings and Western Union/Mukuru/Moneygram business by marketing to existing and prospective customers on a continual basis and making sure there is an enabling environment and resources for Banking Operations stair to effectively sale these products.Contributes to the development and launch of new products in conjunction with the Marketing Department
4.Risk Management Interprets and operationalises policies through reviewing Procedure Manuals, and ensuring these are always in place and up to date. • Manages the bank’s active lending portfolio ,corporate and personal by conducting monthly reviews, and putting in place systems to ensure that :rare is minimal default on loans. • Reviews and recommends approvals for all corporate and personal loans which are above own lending limit on a daily basis to the Management Credit Committee through Risk.
5. Staff Management • Supervises Banking & Operations senior management daily to ensure efficient and effective service delivery. Conducts Banking & Operations senior management performance reviews in order to identify their developmental needs and recommend appropriate training courses on a continual basis. • Actively decides on the recruitment and placement of management personnel in Banking Operations.
- A first degree in Banking or business related field.
- Masters in Business Administration.
- IOBZ Diploma or equivalent professional qualification.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Minimum of eight (8) years in a Senior Managerial position in a financial institution.
- Mature individual with good interpersonal, vertical and lateral communication skills.
- Proven track record in the financial services sector.
The position offers an attractive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience. Applications should be accompanied by a detailed CV and proof of qualifications and experience.
Interested suitable candidates should email their applications to [email protected] not later than 10 March 2019. We are an equal opportunity employer and female candidates are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.