Fire Brigade Station Officer (Grade 12)
Applications are Invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for appointment to the post of Fire Brigade Station Officer at Masvingo City Fire Brigade. The successful incumbent will report to the Deputy City Engineer and will head the City’s Fire and Rescue Section.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Among his/her duties. the successful applicant will be required to:
• Be directly in charge of fire station equipment. appliances and crew .
• Supervise and direct the station’s human and material resources and ensure that Fire tenders, rescue and fire-fighting equipment is kept in a state of preparedness through proper maintenance and regular service, to effec tively respond to emergencies.
Be in charge of VIP and VVIP escorts
•Assessment of building plans
• Assessment of premises of Licencing
Any other duties assigned by the City Engineer
Qualifications and Experience
Applicants should have the following:
At least 5 ‘0’ levels including English language and Maths
• Holders of Station Officer Certificate,
• Holders of Intermediate Certificate (IFE)
• In possession of a clean class two (2) driver’s licence
• Have completed at least seven years in an operational fire brigade at the rank of sub-officer or as station officer.
• Diploma/Certificate in fire safety or training management or occupational Health and Safety will be an added advantage.
In return, Council offers a competitive salary, contributory pension and medical aid schemes, 100% housing guarantee and housing and transport allowances, among other benefits. Applications in own handwriting together with detailed Curriculum Vitae giving full details of age, qualifications, present and past appointments and experience together with certified copies of professional qualifications should reach the undersigned not later than 28 September 2018.
PO BOX 17