District Logistics Officer – Organization of Rural Associations for Progress (ORAP)
The Organisation of Rural Associations for Progress (ORAP), a leading local non-governmental organisation, is inviting suitably qualified and motivated candidates to fill the following vacancy under USAID-funded project “Amalima.” The project’s goal is to sustainably improve household food security and nutrition, using the following three strategic objectives: Household access to, and availability of, food improved; Community resilience to shocks improved; Nutrition and health among pregnant and lactating females, boys and girls under 2 years improved.
- Receiving and consolidating requirements from distribution and commodity movement plans and drawing up loading plans, from warehouses and stores;
- Communicating with secondary transporters and partners on all loading requirements, vehicle routes and delivery dates;
- Supervising the loading of trucks and ensuring smooth delivery to delivery points;
- Maintaining a status record of all commodity movements and loads/truck position all the time;
- Maintaining and updating transporters’ database;
- Conducting transporters’ evaluation;
- Producing a loading plan on a month basis;
- Producing weekly, monthly, and annual logistics status reports for submission to the Transport and Logistics Manager;
- Handling all transporters’ queries pertaining to invoices and payments;
- Participating in the adjudication process for the selection of secondary transporters when need arises;
- Ensuring that accurate and complete operations, reporting and internal control systems are functioning and that all relevant records are maintained in an orderly manner;
- Monitoring performance of the Warehouse Clerk, Commodity Distribution Assistants and Loaders;
- Ensuring adequate storage procedures are in place;
- Ensuring proper stacking of commodities;
- Ensuring commodities are protected from elements such as rain, humidity or heat, rodents etc;
- Ensuring controlled access to the warehouse
- Ensuring generators are serviced and well maintained;
- Producing a monthly motorbike status report;
- Conducting monthly commodity distribution monitoring.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with an ability to write good reports, clearly and meet a deadline;
- Proven work experience as a warehouse supervisor;
- Highly effective supervisory skills and techniques;
- Knowledge of warehouse software packages and MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint proficiency;
- Ability to input, retrieve and analyse data;
- Hands-on commitment to getting the job done;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Purchasing, CIPS qualification, Higher National Diploma in Purchasing and Supply, or equivalent;
- 2 years experience in warehouse management in an NGO setup;
- Demonstrated ability working with teams.