Purpose of the Position
Ensure compliance to project implementation standards and guidelines, coordinate, account for, and lead the implementation of all project components ; agricultural extension , market development, nutrition , rural finance and gender mainstreaming at district of operation according to (UNFAO) and WV guidelines and policy standards. Responsible for district level coordination, stakeholder engagement, facilitating and coordinating the implementation of the programme.
- Lead, develop and maintain professional district level contact and relationship with partners and stakeholders (WV projects and departments, consortium partners, Ministry of Lands and Agriculture (MOLA), and district authorities), ensuring acceptable project scope knowledge.
- Ensure adherence to donor and to World Vision standards, guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Supervise and provide support to district project staff and oversee district project implementation.
- Continuously assess the district’s performance against work plans, and theory of change, recommending any revisions/adjustments.
- Manage day-to-day district level project related issues, working closely with the Technical Specialists, Project Partners, Finance, Administration, Human Resources, and any other support department.
- Produce quality and timely district project reports and updates.
- Periodically assess, inform, and advise on any district context changes and possible options to changing context.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Degree in Social Science, Development Studies, Agriculture, Economics.
- Demonstrated +5 years coordination experience (project management, team leading, and stakeholder engagement) of a large project.
- Good report and document production skill (quality, accurate, smart).
- Problem solving analytical, multi-tasking, ability work under pressure, meet deadlines, team oriented, leadership, interpersonal, and decision making competencies are essential.
- Class 4 driver’s license.
To apply for this job please visit careers.wvi.org.