Responsible to the Power Systems Manager
• Carries out planned, preventive and corrective maintenance on diesel engine generator units on Base Stations, Repeater Stations and the Switching Centers.
• Analyses alarm log details and develop corrective measures.
• Installs standby diesel engine generators and associated switchgear on new projects.
• Recommends material/equipment required to carry out installations according to laid down standards.
• Identifies potential suppliers of the required material in compliance with laid down purchasing procedures.
• Commissions new standby diesel engine generator installations on new Base Stations.
• Ensures the availability of suitable spares.
• Maintain and update records, system drawings, station files, route schematics so as to guarantee traceable records for all activities.
Qualifications and Experience
• A minimum of a National Diploma in Diesel Motor Mechanics.
• Qualified Class 1 Journeyman.
• A minimum of five years’ experience in Diesel Engine Generator installations and maintenance.
• Telecommunications Sector Knowledge is an added advantage.
• Apprenticeship trained.
• Clean Class 4 Driver’s License is a must with at least two years driving experience.
Applications accompanied with detailed Curriculum Vitae and certified photocopies of birth Certificate, ID and Educational qualifications should be submitted through the link below :
Closing date 17 June 2018