CORPORATE SECRETARY AND LEGAL MANAGER
Allied Timbers Zimbabwe (Pvt Ltd, a local timber company, is looking for an experienced and reliable Individual to Min their Executive as Corporate Secretary and Legal Manager The lob The ideal candidate will provide vision and strategic leadership to the organisation in addressing critical corporate secretariat and legal issues and challenges. The incumbent will serve as an advisor and business partner to the Board and the Company Executive team, ensuring that the Company Board and its committees are well and professionally served and that the whole company management team gets accurate and sound legal advice. The incumbent will be expected to ensure that the contracts and MoUs entered into by the Company have clauses that protect its interests. Ensures that the Company complies with the tenets of good corporate governance and other statutes.
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of Bachelor of law’s Honours Degree (LLB).
- Working knowledge on Board induction, Board functions, Board strategic thinking and duties and duties of Company Secretary is desirable.
- A post-graduate qualification such as MBA or any other qualification related to business administration will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 7 years work experience in the corporate secretariat department, 5 years which should be at a senior managerial level.
- Key Attributes Must have excellent process evaluation and analytical skills and understand the various governing organisations like Allied Timbers Zimbabwe (Pvt) Ltd.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills Must be an innovative and business-oriented person.
- Must have proven team leadership skills, Applications
Interested suitably qualified and experienced persons should forward their detailed CVs accompanied by application letters. Applications should be emailed to [email protected] addressed to the Board Chair stating the position being applied for.
The closing date for applications Is 04/01/2019. It you do not receive any response within three months, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.