Matobo Hills Lodge is looking for an experienced Bookkeeper / Trainee Accountant to be responsible of the daily running of the company’s accounts and oversee the financial management of the company.
The Bookkeeper will work closely with team members at the office as well as the senior accountant and will report direct to the Director of Matobo Hills Lodge.
The position is based in Bulawayo.
- Carry out the day-to-day accounting function of the company and the maintenance of accounting records including those related to various bank accounts operated and ensure that the bank statements are at all times balanced with the record entries.
- Ensure all statutory payments are kept in order
- Constant monitoring of all company creditors and debtors.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Generate financial reports for compliance for ZIMRA, NSSA, ZTA, NEC.etc
- Compile the annual financial report and deliver the accounts for audit by deadline.
- Monthly responsibility of salaries, allowances and admin expenses.
- Ensure that policies and controls are in place to mitigate financial corruption and other risks
- Ensure the overall transparent financial and administrative functionality of Matobo Hills Lodge and its assets
Other responsibilities can be given depending on the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Qualifications, experience and skills required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or other relevant fields
- 3 years experience in bookkeeping and accounting, preferably from the Tourism/Hotel/Safari industry
- Computer skills and proficient in relevant computer applications such as Microsoft Office
- Experience with payroll and accounting software such as Belina, Pastel and Xero.
- Strong understanding of general accounting principles & attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written English
- Masters degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or other relevant field
- Demonstrated record of successfully managing company accounts
- 5 years experience with accounting or financial management of Hotels and/or Safari Lodges.
How to apply:
Candidates must submit detailed CVs and application letters with at least three references.
All applications and CVs should be sent to: [email protected] by 21st January
Terms of position will be discussed after the interviews have taken place.