World Vision is a global Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We are a community of close to 40,000 staff working across the world to help change the lives of vulnerable children. Our supporters, partners and staff join forces with communities on the ground to help children enjoy good health, be educated for life, experience the love of God and their neighbours and be cared for, protected and participating in addressing issues that affect their lives. World Vision has been active in Zimbabwe since 1973. Our operations are spread across 9 out of 10 provinces, with a majority of over 1.75 million beneficiaries in rural areas. Our current programs focus on improving the well-being of boys and girls in three priority sectors: health and nutrition, livelihoods and education. We also focus on child protection, gender and disabilities, emergency assistance and resilience building as cross cutting priorities across our programs. If you share the same vision, JOIN US and contribute to life in all its fullness for the children and communities we serve.
Position Title: Bookkeeper
Purpose of the Position:
To provide financial support to program implementation by ensuring compliance to financial policies and procedures set to govern operations in the field working closely with the Area Program (AP) / Project team, external partners and the National Office
- Prepare Annual budget for the AP and other grants managed by the program.
- Preparation and submission of the AP Cover memo, logframe report and MYPBAS reconciliation in line with the Finance Field Manual (FFM) and support office requirements after receiving the Financial Tables from the Regional Finance Officer on a monthly/ quarterly basis.
- Coordinate the holding of Field Financial Reports (FFR) meetings on a monthly basis and provide management advice in such meetings.
- Analyze all over and under expenditures to enable stakeholders to know the performance of their projects.
- Analyze voucher interface transactions from National Office (NO) and make the necessary adjustments through correctional journals in Voucher Interface format, allocating expenses to relevant budget line items and cost centers
- Ensure that all financial operations within the program area adhere to World Vision (WV) internal control systems and procedures.
- Maintain up to date fixed asset register with demarcations as per FFM
- Coordinating internal audits i.e. audit preparation, submission of audit response in time, follow up and resolution of audit issues in conjunction with the AP Manager.
- Educate program staff on financial management and internal controls systems in conjunction with the AP Manager.
- Ensure all payments and financial information source documents are compliant with the standard coding system for processing and capturing of payments at the National Office.
- Ensure Timely submission of Labour Distribution Reports (LDR) and ensure that payroll allocations are in line with the LDR and also as per approved budget line.
- Consolidation and submission of AP procurement plans to SCM and regular follow ups.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or any relevant field
- In-depth working knowledge of accounting software packages, especially Sun Systems, Vision etc
- Excellent computer literacy skills, especially in MS Excel.
- In-depth working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and the WVI FFM.
- Good working knowledge of grant and sponsorship accounting.
- Knowledge of how to prepare, review, and present financial statements and financial reports.