InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) seeks to employ a qualified and experienced Nurse to join our multinational elite team. The Hotel Nurse is responsible for nursing functions at the Hotel to cover guest and team members. This role includes; provision of medical attention, counsels, mentors and maintains first aid with related medical assistants to staff and guests of the Group. Our Team Members are the Heart of InterContinental Hotels Group. As extraordinary hospitality professionals, we work together to make InterContinental Hotels a great place to work and to build rewarding careers for ourselves and our colleagues. At Intercontinental Hotels Group, we own, operate and franchise more than 3500 hotels, offering close to half a million guest rooms in nearly 100 countries. By bringing your expertise and passion to any one of our brands, you will help us achieve our vision: to be the most preferred, admired and successful hotel company the world over, our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all! Come be a part of our team. At InterContinental Hotels Group, we look for people who are charming, confident, and internationally-minded; people who know what it takes to exceed guest expectations. Because your career will be as unique as you are, we’ll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start, be involved and grow. And because the InterContinental Hotels & Resorts brand belongs to the IHG® family of brands, you’ll also benefit from all of the opportunities that come from being part of a successful, global hospitality company with over 4800 hotels in over 100 countries around the world. So whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to the InterContinental Hotels & Resorts brand and IHG and we’ll make sure you’ll have room to be yourself. Interested applicants should forward their recent CV and cover letter through InterContinental’s career email or apply button displayed above.
MAJOR ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides medical attention to team members and guests
- Interacts with team members and acts as a PR representative for the department
- Ensures that information is communicated throughout the company
- Counsels team members and makes referrals to the employee assistance programme when required
- Responds to guest and team member requests in a timely and professional manner
- Actively promotes the services of the department
- Monitors and handles queries/complaints from team members
- Ensures customer satisfaction according to department standards
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality in discussions with internal /external customers
- Submits reports within the agreed deadlines
- Produces accurate, well presented documentation and statistics
- Maintains up to date, accurate filing of medical related issues
- Provides administrative services for the medical plan and maintains up to date records for the medical plan
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Consistently performs job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy
- Maintains First Aid Boxes
- Monitors health and safety risk factors for the property
- Updates information about sickness in a timely manner
- Submits invoices promptly to ensure no additional finance charges are incurred
- Establishes and upkeeps par levels for supplies and equipment for the effective Nursing care
- Follows the correct procedure for requisitioning and ordering
- Becomes familiar with the financial aspect of the department
- IHG’s Corporate Fringe Benefits includes:
- Corporate accommodations are provided to enable individuals perform the essential functions.
- Full accompanying family flight return tickets to/from corporate operation location.
- Regular promotion opportunities with short-term and long-term disability covers
- 4 years initial contract with option of further extension.
- Lucrative Job/career advancement opportunities and apprenticeships.
- Regular and competitive graduate remuneration package.
- Discounted associate rates at IHG’s multinational associates.
- Dental and life insurance coverage requirement
- 401(k) retirement & compensation plan
- On-site recreation and workout facilities.
- 30days paid annual leave and paid time off
- Related furniture/car/transport, etc allowance as required,
- An equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining a multinational culture.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programmes
- Ability to operate and maintain a HR system
- Counselling Skills
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and correspondence; write correspondence and memos. • Possesses effective presentation skills
- Ability to carry out the basic mathematical functions of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. Ability to interpret data
- Ability to apply common-sense and display good judgement, when interacting and problem solving with team members and guests
- Excellent grooming standards
- Positive attitude
- Participate in necessary training and request training to meet development needs.
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
o Secondary school graduate
o Degree/Related qualification in Nursing
o Requires a minimum of three years related experience
o Registered Nurse with all the relevant qualifications in emergency care.
How To Apply
Interested Candidates should please submit their resume or recent CV to this email address below:
Email: [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates are contacted for the interview