Semi-Skilled Auto Electrician
Fault tracing and diagnosis
- Apply knowledge and experience to interpret symptoms of under-performance or failure of components.
- Follow directives provided in Workshop Manuals.
- Interpret manuals, specifications, directives and instructions.
- Produce work of acceptable standards as per instructions / directives.
- Produce and maintain work of acceptable standard.
- Follow repair and maintenance instructions and specifications provided in Manual and Service Literature.
- Follow procedures / processes to ensure vehicles / components are presented to customers in acceptable condition.
- Provide comprehensive and accurate reports of diagnosis, assessment of component / part failures, observations, actions and recommendations.
- Document observations, actions, recommendations and job cards and relevant service / information sheets.
- Follow Instructions from Management and supervisors concerning work allocated and produce and maintain work of a good standard.
- Carry out work allocated i.e. job cards.
- Carry out the work allocated to a high standard and specifications.
- On completion of the work completed the Job cards.
When completing the job cards the following will be looked at:
- Complete QC documentation.
- Complete servicing schedules.
Vehicle Standard Times.
- Complete the job cards in such a manner so as that the service advisor can interpret the information correctly.
- Hours worked are reflection of the job card.
- Ensure that Housekeeping is maintained to the company standard and management requirement,
- All tooling is maintained.
- Keep work area neat and clean as required by management
- Store the equipment as prescribed by management.
- Assist when mechanical repairs are required.
- When there is insufficient auto electrical work assist in mechanical repairs as when requested by the supervisor.
- Comply with all health and safety measures and ensure the safety process are followed.
Education and Job Experience
- Must have Matric / N3.
- Must be a qualified / Semi-Skilled Auto Electrician.
- Must have 3-5 years relevant experience.
Job Knowledge and Skills
- Must have the ability to read all relevant measuring equipment.
- Must be willing to work standby and overtime.
- Must have knowledge / skills to effect correct repair work.
- Must have the ability to apply correct interpretation of technical manuals and specifications in practice.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English.
- Must be in possession of a valid driver’s license.
- Must be Computer Literate
- Must have a clear criminal record