Duties and responsibilities:
1. Convey FHI 360 staff and consultants to designated approved locations.
2. Ensure adequate safety, cleanliness, security and maintenance of the project vehicle assigned.
3. Ensure proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tyres, brakes, car washing, etc.
4. Ensure availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, and necessary spare parts.
5. Route planning and requirements by studying schedule or ad-hoc request by the office.
6. Ensure passengers adhere to all road safety regulations.
7. Fulfil special requests by picking up and delivering items as directed.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
1. Mature and willing to work at odd hours.
2. Good written, oral, interpersonal and organization skills.
3. Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors and recipients of assistance.
Qualifications and requirements:
1. A minimum of 5 O’ levels
2. Must be a holder of at least a clean class 4 driver’s license with a minimum of years of driving 4X4 vehicles
3. Class 2 licence or experience of driving heavy-duty vehicles is added advantage
4. A valid defensive driving certificate is required
5. Apprentice certificate , and experience as a driver mechanic will be an added advantage
6. Must have expert knowledge of driving rules and regulations
7. Experience with NGO’s or large complex organization/s is preferred.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Please note that FHI 360 does not charge applicants any fee for their applications to be considered.