COSPE – COOPERATION FOR DEVELOPMENT
An international NGO with Headquarter in Italy and a local branch newly established in Zimbabwe (Harare)
PROJECT MANAGER/COUNTRY REPRESENTATIVE
For the coordination of the “Inclusive Poultry Value Chain” (IPVC) Development” project, COSPE is looking for a Project Manager/Country Representative in Zimbabwe. The project is co-financed by the European Union (EU) and it has a budget of approximately 6 million Euros and a duration of 3 years (it has started on 1 February 2019). COSPE is the Team Leader of a consortium composed by local and international sector associations and NGOs.
The project will improve the economic, social and environmental performance of 7500 small and medium scale commercial producers of broilers and table eggs, 1,000 butcheries and 10 integrators and improve the enabling environment in the poultry VC to achieve the overall objective: “Efficient poultry VC contributes to inclusive green economic growth in Zimbabwe”.
The project addresses to improve the value chain performance increasing the profitability of small medium producers (SMPs) and adopting enhanced practices of Decent Rural Employment and Quality Management System for better biosecurity and natural resource management. The enabling environment will be improved with a reduction of feed costs and provision of other business services to SMPs through Districts Hubs managed by poultry business associations and the influence at policy and decision making level.
Main responsibilities and duties:
The main tasks are:
– the coordination and supervision of all the activities of the IPVC project;
– representation of COSPE in order to promote the ONG’s mission and the operation in the country.
Tasks and activities:
- Coordination, monitoring and execution of planned activities for the entire duration of the project in compliance with the internal and donor’s procedures
- Formulation of documents relating to the implementation of the project: periodic executive plans and possible integration and updating. Formulation of any changes that must be approved by the donor and formulation of information notes and reports on the activities carried out. Elaboration of intermediate and final reports according to rules of the donor and the collection and processing of all necessary annexed documents.
- Supervision and monitoring of the tasks and activities carried out by the staff, partners and consultants working in the project
- Management of the project’s communication plan and elaboration communication materials
- Relationship with all the operational and institutional stakeholders involved in the implementation of the project; enhancement of synergies and exchanges with other projects carried out in the country.
- Analysis of the correct allocation of expenditure items according to the nature of the activities, budget supervision, control of financial and expenditure plans, check out the status of co-financing.
- Representation of COSPE with stakeholders, management and coordination of relations with local and international partners, promoting and organizing meeting with donors, institutions, NGOs, local government and international agencies according to the Cospe’s mission, development of a three-year strategic plan within the framework of COSPE three-year planning and the Southern Africa area
- University Degree in relevant fields such as Business and Economic science, Agricultural Sciences, Animal production sciences, International Cooperation or equivalent;
- Minimum 5 years of consolidated experience in management (administrative, financial and human resources) of projects and programs of international cooperation of relevant complexity from a strategic, operational and administrative point of view (for number of partners, budgets exceeding 2 million euros, number of beneficiaries);
- Excellent knowledge of the procedures and rules and financing mechanisms of the main donors, especially European Union;
- Excellent capacity and proven record of achievements in external relations, with NGOs, government bodies, public institutions, agencies, for-profit companies, private donors;
- Excellent ability to organize and coordinate group work and to interact with colleagues, collaborators and volunteers;
- Excellent computer knowledge of Excel, Power Point and Word programs;
- Excellent knowledge of English, oral and written
- Sharing of the COSPE mission, values and strategies;
- Previous work experience in African countries, and particularly in Zimbabwe;
- Experience of coordinating projects on business and economic sectors;
- Knowledge and work experience on poultry value chains
- Knowledge of Italian language
- Knowledge and use of advanced tools for monitoring and evaluating projects and programs (power analysis, theory of change, impact assessments, use of GIS systems applied to project monitoring, etc);
- Relational portfolio and knowledge of possible donors and relevant stakeholders in relevant sectors for the project;
- Previous experience with Cospe Onlus in the same area
Relevant attitudinal skills
- Problem Solving ability
- Flexibility and listening skills
- Ability to exercise leadership in stress contexts
WORKING SITE: Harare (Zimbabwe)
START AND DURATION OF THE CONTRACT: from October 2020 to January 2022.
CONTRACTUAL FRAMEWORK: Contract as a cooperator.
If interested, please send your CV in word format accompanied by a letter of introduction to [email protected] specifying the subject of the message “PM Zimbabwe – 2020”, no later than 30/09/2020.
No notification will be sent to non-pre-selected applications.
- Job Application Details START AND DURATION OF THE CONTRACT: from October 2020 to January 2022. CONTRACTUAL FRAMEWORK: Contract as a cooperator.