Head of Project (m/f)
in Harare, Zimbabwe
The position is to be filled as soon as possible with an initial contract term running until 31 August 2019. Planned deployment location is Harare, with duty trips to the respective project regions.
Aims and duties of the position
As Head of Project you are responsible for carrying out a consortium project in the area of agriculture/livelihood/resilience in the region, in accordance with the framework specified as regards content, financing and timescales.
Your most important duties:
- Representing Welthungerhilfe and coordination of the project concept and planned project activities with local decision makers and other aid and development organisa-tions working in the project area
- Development and preparation of measures within the area of agricultural liveli-hoods/resilience
- Identification of new local and international project partners and co-financing donors
- Conceptual development of the project and production of planning documents for fur-ther project phases
- Regular reporting to the country office and/or branch office
- Ensuring proper financial and material expenses planning
- Ensuring the necessary flow of information and public transparency of the project work
- Recruitment, management and guidance of national specialists
As a qualified applicant you will possess the following:
- A university or polytechnical degree in the field of civil engineering, international agri-cultural science, rural development or a comparable relevant qualification
- Several years of project and leadership experience in the planning and supervision of development-oriented transitional aid measures in international (aid) organisations, preferably in the region
- Experience in the roll out or management of an agricultural livelihoods/resilience building programme
- A high level of mental and physical resilience and readiness to travel to areas with vol-atile local conditions
- Coordination and organisational skills, including ability to work under pressure
- Ability to successfully motivate a multi-national team
- Very good level of written and spoken English, a good knowledge of German is an asset
We are offering you the opportunity to work in an exceptionally engaged team with a high level of responsibility. Naturally, our offer also includes comprehensive training.
Please send a covering letter and CV by email, including the reference ‘ZWE 6516’, by 30 April 2016 to Barbara Kürsten (email@example.com). Due to visa re-strictions only applicants with a valid residency/work permit in Zimbabwe or a Zimbabwean citizenship can be considered.