The Family Planning Specialist-Reproductive Health/Family Planning (RH/FP) will be based in the UNFPA Zimbabwe Country Office and will operate as integral part of the UNFPA Zimbabwe country office team. He/she will work closely with officials of the Zimbabwe National Family Planning Council, Ministry of Health and Child Care, leading NGOs in the field of family planning and the donor community, among others.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Masters Degree in Reproductive Health, Obs&Gyn, Public Health, Community Medicine or other related subject.
- 7 years of experience in clinical and programmatic family planning programming and/or Reproductive Health Care programmes, out of which 5 years of experience in developing countries.
- Experience in promotion of long acting and permanent methods of contraception in similar cultures is an asset.
- Experience in organizational reform is an asset.
- Experience in working with development partners in health sector in East and Southern African Countries.
- Demonstrated experience in strategic programme management with strong technical knowledge of family planning, reproductive health and/or maternal health and how services link to communities and special client groups in East and Southern African Countries.
- Interpersonal and communication skills for the dissemination of information and the advocacy activities.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in current Microsoft Office software applications. Proficiency in data processing and analysis software e.g. CSPro, SPSS, STATA, is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of another official UN language is desirable.
To view the complete job description and apply to this position, click Apply