To deliver excellent customer service by ensuring the safe and efficient operation of the Station and platform-train interface. Lead, performance manages and develops other Station Staff to reach their full potential and deliver excellent service in accordance with relevant policies, procedures and standards
- Manage the day to day performance of station staff to ensure the effective operation of the station, including the booking on/off of staff, assessing their suitability to commence duties and monitoring their performance throughout the shift.
- Maintain a safe, secure and customer friendly environment by ensuring compliance to all company standards and various local and network instructions. Inspect the entire station premises as according to the regulations of the Working Reference Manual and ensure effective remedial action is taken where required.
- Implement all necessary safety related procedures including detrainment, evacuation and congestion control, liaising with emergency services and senior management e.g. Incident Officer, Duty Operations Manager, etc. Keep customers informed about service disruptions and provide alternative route suggestions.
- Control train and station related incidents e.g. power failure, passenger accident, as necessary to minimise service disruption and lost time, taking charge of serious incidents until the arrival of senior managers. Keep customers informed about service disruptions and provide alternative route suggestions.
- Oversee the work of contractors and cleaners, ensuring that work is carried out safely and completed to the relevant time and quality standards, solving any problems with the relevant management.
- Operate, check and inspect, all station equipment (e.g. CCTV, PA and electrical equipment, smoke detectors, lifts, escalators, control rooms, booking offices etc, as appropriate to the station) in accordance with the appropriate standard routines and schedules. Conduct minor maintenance activities and supervise other staff in the performance of such activities, ensuring that they are carried out safely.
- Undertake local track protection tasks as necessary including securing of points / routes as directed. Provide effective gateline management to support the efficient collection and protection of the Company’s revenue by ensuring that the barrier / gate line is staffed to prevent fraudulent travel and that the company’s equipment is operational by applying test routines in accordance with company’s handbook.
- Role-model excellent customer service in all areas of station activities e.g. by actively supporting gate line management, helping and coaching station staff who assist customers entering/exiting via the company’s gates.
- Provide the necessary management information to senior management including: Incident Notification Forms, booking office accounts, staff attendance and sickness returns,
- Incident logs, fire brigade inspection records and reports. Recommend improvements and maintenance of station facilities.
- Open and close the station to times specified by the Company, maintaining control of keys to ensure security.
- Provide swift, efficient and friendly assistance to customers on station premises, adapting customer service approach according to the type of customer (i.e. commuters, leisure customers, tourists and people with specific needs).
- Provide a high standard of customer service by role modeling the company values and portraying a smart, helpful and professional image to all (e.g. customers, tenants, visitors, contractors and staff).
- Manage the deployment, attendance and performance of Customer Service Assistants, to meet changing customer and service demands, and conduct performance and development sessions for station staff as per Company procedure.
- Coach staff as necessary to improve the delivery of customer service.
- Ensure that that customer information facilities e.g. PA announcements, Customer Information Boards, maps and timetables are fully utilised, properly and effectively displayed and up to date. Anticipate customer needs and take action to pre-empt and avoid service disruption and delays.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to deal effectively and to a high level of customer service standard with all types of customers, including those with special needs
- Ability to sell tickets, float Passenger Operated Machines, balance booking office takings and prepare accounts.
- Be able to demonstrate assurance and competence, as appropriate to the location, including licenses for safety critical activities.
Interested and Qualifying candidates should send their CVs to email@example.com as soon as possible.