PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To identify grants for WV Zimbabwe through strategic engagement with international donors while ensuring that donor requirements are followed, starting with the proposal development stage. Grants acquisition will be done according to the WV Zimbabwe Grants Acquisition Management (GAM) Unit and overall funding strategy, taking into account targets and other priorities that have been established. The position is critical to support the overall funding strategy for WV Zimbabwe which seeks to further expand grant and other funding and therefore further diversify its funding portfolio and mix.
- Further develop relations with institutional, government and private sector donors, as well as Support Offices (SO) and do this according to outlined WV Zimbabwe’s strategy and program/sector priorities
- Identify new and potential funding sources and streams (international level) while ensuring appropriate interactions and communications with Support Offices, other World Vision entities and donor representatives / offices in country.
- Maintain regular communications with existing and potential new institutional, government and private sector donors and further expand the GAM and overall funding strategy for WV Zimbabwe.
- Assist the WV Zimbabwe programs team in identifying opportunities to solicit funding from the donor community in country (such as United Nations agencies, USAID, DFID, Australian AID and EC).
- Represent the WV Zimbabwe GAM team in national, regional or international meetings as appropriate.
- Liaise with the Monitoring & Evaluation team and knowledge centre in conducting monitoring and evaluation, research and documentation in support of the GAM unit’s focus on expanding grant and other funding.
- Liaise with Area Development Program managers, Humanitarian Emergency Affairs (HEA) and other units in implementing and support departments, in designing program proposals, implementation frameworks that are in line with donor and WV Support Offices requirements.
Provide technical support as appropriate with grant / other proposal development and report generation in line with donor requirements.
Provide technical support as relevant to field staff in developing timely and quality progress (narrative and financial) reports in line with grant requirements.
Contribute to the overall co-ordination and integration of grant funded and Area Development Program and other interventions.
- Mentor and help build the capacity of field grant program staff in order to enhance the quality and timeliness of their work.
- Conduct regular review sessions (90 days, 180 days and final evaluations) with relevant staff to monitor their progress and performance against the objectives established as part of the performance management process.
- Conduct and participate in regular team meetings to set key work objectives and priorities for the programs / GAM teams.
- Conduct field visits to assess and ensure that programs are managed in accordance with internal and donor requirements.
- Contribute towards the work of the programme quality coordination team within the HEA programme.
- Establish and maintain networks and partnerships with like-minded organisations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Degree in International Relations, Social Sciences, Development or related field.
- Master’s Degree preferred but not essential.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience dealing and engaging with government, UN and private sector donors, including negotiating contracts and representing recipient organization and program interests and priorities in meetings and other settings.
- In-depth knowledge of project design and proposal writing, especially grant level.
- Strong Managerial skills.
- Good understanding of the workings of major donors, such as USAID, UN, Global Affairs Canada, , AusAid, DFID, ECHO, WFP.
- Good understanding of World Vision / NGO, humanitarian and development standards.
- Knowledge of WV’s field operations, either in the relief or development context an asset.
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Ability to pursue thoroughness and appropriate attention to detail.
- Excellent written, oral and relational skills.
- Ability to identify gaps, trends, priorities and key issues.
- Ability to travel to the field and international travel.