VACANCY: Social Worker
Deadline: 5 December 2016
Location: Makonde District
A local NGO in Makonde District is inviting applications for the post Social Worker. The overall purpose of the position is to review and update the current organisational case management system, and deliver innovative community based services that ensures that children and families who are identified as vulnerable are supported with a continuum of care services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provision of administrative oversight and daily management of case management activities.
- Ensure clear communication channels between DSS, the organisation and other partners operating in the district.
- Provide technical advice on case management issues to the organisation and following up cases with the District Child Welfare and protection services department.
- Train caregivers as well as PSS teachers on child protection issues including child rights, psychosocial support, GEM/BEM, gender norms, gender based violence and disability inclusion to ensure quality and impact of child protection
- Formulate linkages with other child protection services providers and strategic partners in the district.
- Support and supervise case management of children with various care needs.
- Provide schools and community stakeholders with guidance in implementing child protection activities including child rights education, GEM/BEM clubs, Child-led CPCs and CABs at community level and within schools.
- Participate in case conferencing
- Work closely with CCWs and monitor the use of PSS Boxes, for promoting easy access and usage by children and action to issues raised by the children.
- Represent the organisation at various child protection technical meetings, and advocate for change in practices and policies that are a hindrance to effective child protection, welfare and development.
- Ability and willingness to work under pressure with minimum Supervision
- Articulation of issues in OVC programming to donors and other stakeholders in the following areas education, health, child protection, psychosocial support, economic strengthening, disability inclusion, GBV
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- A university degree in social work or post graduate diploma in Social Work.
- At least 2 years experience working with vulnerable groups, particularly children and in primary Social Work. Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Results oriented and able to work under pressure and with strict deadlines. Knowledge of child protection issues is a must.
- Proven experience working with either children, women, local community structures and government structures.
- Advocacy experience and skills are essential.
- Excellent report writing, Excellent computer skills, Good written and verbal communication skills.
- A clean class four driver’s licence is an added advantage.
Candidates meeting the above requirements must respond attaching a CV and a motivation letter to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org