|Job Title||Senior Special Assistant to the Executive Director|
|Company||Higher Life Foundation|
|Reporting To||Executive Director|
|Job Type Classification||Long Term Contract|
|Location – Country||Zimbabwe|
|Location – Town / City||Harare|
|Job Purpose||• Plans and coordinates the Executive Director (ED)’s meetings, based on his work schedule, and keeps him informed of upcoming commitments|
• Plays a key role in ensuring critical activities are prioritized in line with the ED’s key deliverables; helps review the ED’s work schedule and calender to ensure focus and prioritization of key strategic deliverables at all times
• Supports the ED to follow through on his commitments both to internal and external stakeholders; assumes a hands-on and proactive approach in supporting the ED to provide timely feedback to urgent matters in his in-tray.
• Plays a critical, positive ‘gatekeeper’ role in providing and managing access to the ED, in order that he remains focused on his core responsibilities; helps maintain a sound and healthy relationship between the ED and all staff, management, the Board and external stakeholders
• Researches on critical concerns and issues raised with the ED; timeously furnishes the ED with his or her findings to help him make informed decisions
• Manages a variety of special projects on the ED’s behalf; follows through the projects to successful and timely completion
• Drafts and writes various communication for and on behalf of the ED – including reports, proposals, presentations to third parties, staff communiques, etc, and does so on time as required and according to agreed schedules
• Consolidates progress, project, board and other reports from across the organization on behalf of the ED for his review, and for the ED to share with relevant stakeholders to whom he is accountable.
• Regularly analyses and assesses developments within the social investment industry in which Highlerlife Foundation operates and plays a key role in advising the ED on how the organization should position itself to take advantage of challenges and opportunities in its operating enviroment
|Qualifications and Experience||• A Masters Degrees or the equivalent. Relevant vocational qualifications in a strategic role, or in a role that supports the office of the head of an organization will be an added advantage.|
• Two to 4 years’ experience in a similar or related environment
• The successful candidate must be proactive, self-motivated and task-oriented.
• They must possess basic but effective project management knowledge and ability
• They must possess the ability to work under limited or no direct supervision, and must have exceptional time management skills
• The successful candidate must have a strategic mindset, i.e., the ability to think strategically, to integrate knowledge and to process facts and information in a way that helps achieve set objectives, and that helps the Executive Director to make decisions
• Outstanding writing and presentation skills are a must. The ability to write clear and concise executive reports will be essential in this role. The ability to proficiently use technology and work with a computer (in particular using Microsoft Office programs – MS Word, Power Point and Excel – will be an absolute requirement)
• The role requires a confident person who possess excellent interpersonal, leadership, persuasive and analytical skills
• The successful candidate must be a high-energy individual who can work fast and who handles pressure well; they must be able to work in a dynamic and performance driven environment
• The role requires a team player, with the ability to work alone and to work with teams
• Personal integrity is an absolute requirement in this role. The successful candidate should believe in the vision, mission, values and work of Higherlife Foundation.
• Clean Drivers licence a must.