Job Summary and Kev Performance areas.
- Reporting to a Director, the Programme/ Administrative Assistant will be responsible for:
- Serving as the initial point of contact with the Director;
- Giving secretarial and support services to resource people and MEFMI staff as required during workshops;
- Organising meetings for department;
- Document management; maintaining electronic and manual records
- Manning the switchboard and keeping records of outgoing calls where applicable;
- Operating ofﬁce equipment such as copiers, personal computers, calculators, facsimile machines, printers;
- Receiving and directing MEFMI visitors wishing to see the Director;
- Receiving, recording and directing incoming mail and dispatching outgoing mail;
- Processing of Word documents including letters, reports, and memos;
- Editing and proof reading typed documents;
- Checking outgoing correspondence signed by superiors to ensure accuracy and completeness of attachments;
- Procuring goods and services;
- Sending invitation and conﬁrmation letters to member states and participants;
- Managing travel and logistical arrangements;
- Preparing event budgets and making related payments;
- Undertaking reconciliation of expenditure on completion of events;
- Capturing information into the activity database.
Academic Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
- Secretarial Diploma;
- b) Five (5) ‘0’ level passes including English, Mathematics/Accounts/Commerce;
- c) Progressive three (3) years’ experience in secretarial and receptionist work;
- d) Proven experience in the use of computers using Windows, Word, Excel, Power Point, Email and Internet;
- e) Excellent command of written and spoken English;
- f) Experience in managing workshop or equivalent events would be an advantage.
- g) Honesty and reliability;
- h) An effective planner with proven time management skills;
- i) Attention to detail, personal commitment, efﬁciency, ﬂexibility with great team liaison skills;
- j) The ability to work at own initiative and to tight deadlines;
- k) Flexibility and adaptability to juggle between a range of tasks and work extra hours to meet deadlines;
- I) Conﬁdentiality and discretion.
The successful candidates for the above positions will be appointed on a ﬁxed term contract at a competitive remuneration package, which includes a tax free salary paid in US dollars.
Applicants for the above vacancies should submit written applications, clearly stating the position applied for, accompanied by certiﬁed certiﬁcates, a detailed CV with names and addresses (including telephone and e-mail) of three referees (the latest colour photograph to be pasted on the CV) to be received by 25 October, 2016.
Applications should be sent to:
The Executive Director
9 Earls Road
PO Box A1419
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org stating the reference and position applied for.
MEFMI is an equal opportunity employer and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.