Reporting to the Director Debt Management Programme, the incumbent will be responsible for carrying out capacity building activities in Sovereign Debt Management in general, with special focus on legal and institutional development and CS-DRMS.
Key Performance Areas
- Contributes to the MEFMI Strategy on issues pertaining to his/her areas of focus;
- Assesses and updates member states’ capacity building needs in his/her areas of focus;
- Plans, designs, implements, and monitors regional and in-country capacity building activities in Sovereign debt management including legal and institutional reforms and CS-DRMS for the MEFMI region; including workshops, seminars, courses and technical assistance missions;
- Designs and executes e-Iearning courses;
- Carries out research on topical issues related to areas of operation;
- Contributes to MEFMI’s publications and Policy Seminars;
- Identiﬁes and develops new instruments such as policy documents and manuals;
- Monitors and evaluates the impact of capacity building activities;
- Networks with debt management ofﬁcials in client institutions and technical cooperating organisations;
- Participates in the selection, assessment and accreditation of Fellows.
Academic Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
a) At least a Master’s Degree in Economics or Finance;
b) At least ﬁve (5) years hands-on experience in broad Sovereign Debt Management;
c) Proven hands-on experience in public debt analysis;
d) A sound understanding of the use of CS-DRMS or similar software;
e) At least ﬁve (5) years relevant work experience in the Ministry of Finance or Economic Planning and Development, Central Bank or in a relevant organisation;
f) Strong qualitative, quantitative and analytical skills;
g) Computer literacy and knowledge of application of main software packages used in economic analysis;
h) Documented evidence of publications and research experience;
i) Ability to work long hours and under pressure including frequent assignments to member states;
j) Excellent facilitation and presentation skills;
k) Excellent written and verbal skills;
I) Leadership skills and ability to operate at both strategic and operational levels;
m) Cooperation and Team Spirit;
n) Strong interpersonal skills;
0) MEFMI Fellowship would be an added advantage;
p) Experience in working in a multicultural professional environment will be an added advantage.
The successful candidates for the above positions will be appointed on a ﬁxed term contract at a competitive remuneration package, which includes a tax free salary paid in US dollars.
Applicants for the above vacancies should submit written applications, clearly stating the position applied for, accompanied by certiﬁed certiﬁcates, a detailed CV with names and addresses (including telephone and e-mail) of three referees (the latest colour photograph to be pasted on the CV) to be received by 25 October, 2016.
Applications should be sent to:
The Executive Director
9 Earls Road
PO Box A1419
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org stating the reference and position applied for.
MEFMI is an equal opportunity employer and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.