Reporting to the Executive Director, the Executive Assistant will be responsible for providing administrative, secretarial, travel and logistical support to the Executive Director.
Key Performance Areas
- Screening telephone calls, enquiries and requests;
- Welcoming and handling the Executive Director’s guests;
- Organising and maintaining the Executive Director’s diary and making appointments
- Dealing with correspondence, writing emails/letters, taking dictation, typing minutes and meeting reports;
- Organising and attending meetings, preparing meeting agendas;
- Arranging business trips (including ﬂights and accommodations) and ensuring the Executive Director is well-prepared for meetings/business trips;
- Dealing with the Executive Director’s incoming email, faxes and directing correspondence to Directors as relevant;
- Preparing documents, brieﬁng papers, reports and presentations for the Executive Director;
- Organising corporate and business entertainment events for the Executive Director;
- Organising management meetings;
- Devising and maintaining ofﬁce systems, including data management and ﬁling;
- Managing Executive Director’s budget and ensuring it is within approved budget;
- Managing petty cash in the Executive Director’s ofﬁce;
- Liaising with clients, suppliers, and staff;
- Dealing with Executive Director’s personal matters such as holidays/leave, ﬂights, banking, family and housing;
- Processing Executive Director’s business expenses and other administrative items;
- Carrying out speciﬁc projects, research and administration as required by the Executive Director;
- Any other administrative requirement as may be assigned by the Executive Director.
Academic Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
- First degree in Business Administration or equivalent;
- Secretarial qualiﬁcation or Personal Assistant qualiﬁcation;
- At least ﬁve (5) years progressively responsible experience as a Personal Assistant;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English (Knowledge of Portuguese and/or French will be an advantage);
- Excellent word processing and IT skills, including a range of software packages and comprehensive capabilities in Microsoft
- Ofﬁce (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook Express);
- Honesty and reliability;
- Exceptional presentation skills;
- The ability to work at own initiative and to tight deadlines;
- Flexibility and adaptability to juggle between a range of tasks and work extra hours to meet deadlines;
- Conﬁdentiality and discretion;
- Strong administrative and personal assistant skills with an ability to work well in a fast paced environment,
- An effective planner with proven time management skills;
- Attention to detail, personal commitment, efﬁciency, ﬂexibility with great team liaison skills.
The successful candidates for the above positions will be appointed on a ﬁxed term contract at a competitive remuneration package, which includes a tax free salary paid in US dollars.
Applicants for the above vacancies should submit written applications, clearly stating the position applied for, accompanied by certiﬁed certiﬁcates, a detailed CV with names and addresses (including telephone and e-mail) of three referees (the latest colour photograph to be pasted on the CV) to be received by 25 October, 2016.
Applications should be sent to:
The Executive Director
9 Earls Road
PO Box A1419
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org stating the reference and position applied for.
MEFMI is an equal opportunity employer and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.